1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Billick on DeCastro

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Tejano15, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Tejano15

Tejano15 Member

396 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    “@CoachBillick: Stanford's David DeCastro is just as much a "sure thing" as both Luck and T. Richardson. Worthy of a top-15 pick...even as an interior OL.”

Listen to the man Jerry!
  2. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

9,023 Messages
    1,302 Likes Received
    This is what I keep on hearing. There is no such thing as overkill on the offensive line.

I would be VERY happy if we got DeCastro. It would almost make up for passing on Jackson, assuming DeCastro is there when we pick.

Make this team as Romo friendly as possible. The guy has got hurt 3 of the last 4 years... come on...
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,940 Messages
    2,155 Likes Received
    I think him giving the highest praise for a OG and still maxing out at only top 15 tells you something.

Love DeCastro, but it's not like he's great value at 14, but maybe about fair value. I think we go defense
  4. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,008 Messages
    1,009 Likes Received
    First time I've heard "sure thing" and "top 15" spun into a bad thing.
  5. fishspill

fishspill Well-Known Member

1,037 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    I tend to agree that they want to go defense, but I hope in their ardor they don't take a defender for the sake of going defense and get a patently inferior player.
  6. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,940 Messages
    2,155 Likes Received
    :laugh2: I didn't man it that way. But when we think of lumping DC with Luck et all, then you would say top 5 or 10....not top 15. I think that just reflects the Guard position.
    I'm all for grabbing Decastro, but I just think it would be fair value and not some sort of steal at 14.
  7. Leadbelly

Leadbelly Active Member

609 Messages
    225 Likes Received
    Only reason I disagree with Billick is I don't think Richardson's a sure thing.

I do agree on DeCastro being as can't-miss as Luck.
  8. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,179 Messages
    1,680 Likes Received
    I totally agree with you. When just looking at positions I have us going defense very high. But when I throw names in there I can't overlook DeCastro at 14 because he seems to be such a sure thing. I don't think we necessarily need an O-lineman at 14, but you don't want to waste a 14 on someone who isn't a sure thing.