1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bills interest in Barron BS?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Sasquatch, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,489 Messages
    153 Likes Received
    The latest from Rob Rang of CBS Sports.
  2. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,764 Messages
    1,967 Likes Received
    Im sure they are interested in Barron.

They play against Gronk and Hernandez twice a year.
  3. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,580 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    I'm sorry but I call BS on the bills. I want Mark Barron bad but I hope the cowboys call them on it and if he's still there at 11 move up and snag him.
  4. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    oH Noz!! nOw No1 wAntz Himm!!!!!!!!
  5. a_minimalist

4,580 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    :lmao:
  6. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,007 Messages
    1,007 Likes Received
    They aren't going to take him that high. A lot of those teams are trying to scare other teams into trading up, and a lot of people on this forum have swallowed the bait, hook, line and sinker. I'm just hoping the staff doesn't do the same.

Strong Safeties just don't go that high unless they have supreme athletic gifts.

This is like with Patrick Peterson, some were saying he'd be the 2nd player off the board but that was completely contradictory to years of drafting precedence. He went high, but not where some thought he'd go and that was with a guy with Calvin Johnson-esque physical gifts.

Pass rushers rise, Tackles rise, QB's rise, CB's rise. Strong Safeties? Not so much. Barron has gone from a mid to late first to a Top 10 selection in a week? I'm gonna have to play the skeptic on that one.
  7. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,899 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    I think it is smoke aswell but I don't really know why they would do that.
  8. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,007 Messages
    1,007 Likes Received
    Because they have a lot of holes and want to trade out for more picks.
  9. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,899 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    Yes but why Mark Barron as the player they are using to get that haul? We are the team they are obviously trying to antagonize to make a move but we are at #14 if we jumped to #10 they would gain a 3rd round pick. Now if they are trying to have us go infront of them maybe they have some elaborate scheme where we move to #8, Tannehill falls to #10 and then they can get a nice haul for the right to pick Tannehill but even then that seems like a lot of pieces have to fall into the right place for them.
  10. a_minimalist

4,580 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    I hate this statement that sounds like' "you don't draft so and so position that high.". If a team has a player ranked high on their board and feels he fits well in their system they draft where neccesary. There are no rules.
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,629 Messages
    6,393 Likes Received
    I agree. With one caveat: the fact that Barron really is the only starter-ready safety in this class, and the fact that Dallas has a clear need for him at a position where he's good value at 14 makes it obvious to anyone else who wants a safety that they need to jump over us if they want to get him. The Bills have bigger needs, but I wouldn't be shocked to see a team leap us with a mid-round pick to get ahead of 14 to take our guy.