1. Are you a gamer? Come join us at GameNotOver.com
    If you are a gamer, then GameNotOver is your new home! Whether you are a PC, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, mobile or web gamer, you will find other gamers to talk with on GameNotOver where you can get help, share reviews of the latest games and gaming technology or even wax nostalgic over the gaming days of old. Come join us and help us grow GameNotOver into a wonderful community for gamers!
    Dismiss Notice

BlackBerry to be acquired by Canadian insurer

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Sep 23, 2013.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Looking down on you Staff Member

67,550 Messages
    14,349 Likes Received
    For those that still use the BlackBerry *cough*WG*cough* :)

BlackBerry agreed in principal Monday to be acquired by Fairfax Financial, a Canadian insurance company, for $9 a share in a deal worth $4.7 billion in US dollars.

Trading in BlackBerry (Toronto Stock Exchange: BB-CA) was halted before the announcement. When it resumed at 2 p.m. EDT, the stock jumped as much as 5 percent before retreating slightly. Prior to the announcement shares in the troubled smartphone maker company were down more than 5 percent.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/blackberry-acquired-canadian-insurer-172512224.html

WoodysGirl likes this.
  2. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl U.N.I.T.Y Staff Member

73,869 Messages
    21,642 Likes Received
    I saw... lol :cool:

Hey, I like my phone.. *shrug* As long as it still works and has the few apps I care about, then I'm happy.