1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

***Blame defense thread***

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Nov 4, 2012.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,232 Messages
    4,553 Likes Received
    Have at it.
  2. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Scandrick and our safeties screwed this defense tonight. Carter was LIGHTS out. I have nothing bad to say except for my first sentence.
  3. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,676 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    I'm a bit confused as to where the blame Scandrick thread is, it would be large enough I think.
  4. Givincer

Givincer Well-Known Member

1,823 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    Hard to blame the defense outside of Scandrick on last drive. Blame rests entirely on the offense's inability to capitalize and get the ball in the end zone.
  5. loublue22

loublue22 Well-Known Member

2,630 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    stupid thread

one drive isn't enough to blame them, they played well enough to win, as they almost always do

make a blame the offense thread
  6. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,620 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    Scandrick is so sorry.

McCray? I rather have Bill Gates in at safety
  7. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

5,043 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Danny McCray = Alan Ball

been saying it all year.
  8. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    what about give MO YaRDS CAILBORNE

who was the starting RG for the Falcons

that be Konz - and we should have never traded up for Mo Yards

Decastro an Konz should be on our team

CB Heyward
  9. EvilJerry88

EvilJerry88 Active Member

356 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Defense didn't do a great job or a horrible job. Just pretty bad job, and benefited by the missed field goals.

Claiborne was toast tonight. Just repetitively burnt, horrible. Scandrick missed some key tackles.
  10. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    You can go ahead and not post again. Claiborne was in position to intercept and Roddy got away with a bogus non-OPI call. Claiborne was 1 on 1 with Julio the WHOLE game. I'd say he did pretty well. A lot of catches JJ got were on everyone except Carr/Carter/Mo.
  11. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Paper champions, like always. Feels like I never see them get an important stop. Ever.

I thought Scandrick had actually played well all season long until the fourth quarter tonight.
  12. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

5,043 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Only real knock on the defense is that they're not forcing turnovers.

They're playing bend but don't break, but they're bending a lot. 2TDs and 9FGs (11 attempts) the last 2 games.

THey're doing enough to keep the team in games. But also messing up just enough to make it harder for what's already a struggling offense.
  13. sportsman

sportsman Active Member

772 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    With all the problems on offense our defense should get a pass. The main problem I have with the defense is lack of turnovers.
  14. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,522 Messages
    1,025 Likes Received
    Our defense let up over 10 yards per attempt with Julio and Roddy combining for 247 yards, and they didn't force a turnover. They didn't play poorly, but they are getting more credit in this game than they should be.
  15. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,199 Messages
    307 Likes Received
    you give a Ryan 5 or 6 All Pros and they can coach the hell out of some defense.
  16. CutMeMick

CutMeMick Member

254 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    DeMarcus Ware is the A-Rod of the Dallas Cowboys.
    Like ARod he'll hit a 7th inning grandslam HR in August, but in Sept/Oct during crunch time, he's nowhere to be found.
    D Where(?) was a terror....for 3 quarters- but as per usual, when he needed to come up big and be a presence, he was noWare to be found.
    He'll get his sacks and Pro Bowls but the man is simply not an IMPACT crunch-time performer like some of the truly great ones.
  17. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,199 Messages
    307 Likes Received
    there's something wrong with that dude's neck, I worry about him really getting hurt.
  18. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Just a side note, doesn't anyone want to talk about how the defense was unprepared once the ball was snapped...TWICE? Stupid mistakes like that could have cost us 14 points directly and that's on something as simple as pre-snap substitutions, not to mention the other stupid BS we saw tonight
  19. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,661 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    The safeties and OScan sucked of course.

Overall they performed well, but can't say they didn't have part of the loss cause they couldn't get off the field with the game on the line.
  20. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,522 Messages
    1,025 Likes Received
    I got so excited hearing how much time we were spending on situational football in the preseason and the results we've seen since are quite disappointing.