1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

***Blame defense thread***

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Nov 4, 2012.

1. IrishAnto

IrishAnto Well-Known Member

1,022 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    There is something you can do "GENERATE TURNOVERS".

The Giant's had nearly as many in last weeks game against us as we have in EIGHT GAMES.

How do we manage to be so inept in this????
  2. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,612 Messages
    574 Likes Received
    I agree with you there.

I don't understand how we can't even luck into a gimme INT once and a while. Not a tipped pass or dropped ball or anything.
  3. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Cowboys have no ball awareness and play soft all of the time. CB wise, Mike Jenkins was the only CB who appeared to be trying to take the ball away and he's not a focal part of the defense anymore. Scandrick is the dirt worst at this. The next time he's looking for the ball will be one of the first times. Let's not get into the safeties. When a safety on this team gets a pick, it's by accident. Pressure and hard hits create turnovers too. The Cowboys don't hit anyone hard, they don't try to punch the ball out and they don't get any pressure on QBs.
  4. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why is this even a thread? Blaming the defense is just ridiculous. They held one of the most explosive offenses to just 19 points. Sure they collapsed a little bit in the fourth, but that's what happens when the offense continues to fail on capitalizing on opportunities. Offense is clearly to blame for this loss. They were given several opportunities and couldn't score the football at all. I've lost all faith in Jason Garrett. He needs to go.
  5. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bob Sturm ‏@SportsSturm I love Irvin and crew saying the defense did enough. They gave up 8 20 yard plays and 450 yards. Child, please.

Bob Sturm ‏@SportsSturm 6 drives of 60 or more yards. 7 of 9 drives ended in points or a missed FG. Don't tell me the defense played well.
  6. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bob Sturm is a tool who knows about as much as my dogs know about the game of football. I don't give a damn how many yards they gave up the bottom line is they only allowed 19 points. Considering they were playing an Atlanta team that had averaged nearly 30 points a game that's pretty impressive. The defense did their job the offense didn't. Simple as that.
  7. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :lmao2:

Okay, guy.
  8. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

3,945 Messages
    508 Likes Received
    Collapsing a little bit in the 4th has been a common theme for the Cowboys D this year. I agree with you that it is unfair to blame the defense given that they have played much better than the O this year, but the fact is that NFL games are often decided in the 4th quarter (especially when we play) and hinge on a pivotal stop or two.
  9. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Mo had an int before roddy grabbed his arm.
  10. BanditHiro

BanditHiro Well-Known Member

2,074 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    sad thing is White intentionally grabbed on to prevent the INT (great play on his part) and the ref still didn't call it. I know as a cowboy fan we will never got that call but damn.
  11. IrishAnto

1,022 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    Collapsing a little bit in the 4th quarter has been a constant theme around here for many years now, not just this year.
  12. IrishAnto

1,022 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    So you've no problem with them generating no turnovers (yet again) or not forcing the Falcons to punt the ball at the end to give the offense another chance?
  13. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,221 Messages
    763 Likes Received
    Our average starting field position as a result of the defense getting torched through the air was our own 25 yard line, and that's including a big punt return by Harris. They did not lose the game, but they certainly didn't help us win the game either.
  14. ANTHONYSCOTT

ANTHONYSCOTT Well-Known Member

1,226 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    Agreed! 100%
  15. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

3,945 Messages
    508 Likes Received
    amen, brother...
  16. CutMeMick

CutMeMick Member

253 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Yes, but how many came in a one-score game where we needed to get the ball back or stop the opponent from scoring?
    If he has 2 sacks in a row in a blowout with 10 minutes left in the fourth- that has minimal impact on the outcome, IMO.
    How many sacks does he have in the last 5 minutes of one-possession games....when it truly counts?:mad:
  17. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

4,940 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    they scored on 5 of 9 drives. The only reason it wasn't 7 of 9 was because of missed FGs by Matt Bryant. They had one punt the whole night.

I will say this. THe defense needs to start forcing turnovers. There are 19 individual players in the league that has many or more INTs than Dallas as a team (3 ints)

the pass rush is anemic at best. they don't help the secondary much.

and Danny McCray = Alan Ball = awful
  18. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    That being said, the D played very well in the first half but we lost containment on Turner and let the run game get on track for them in the second half and we also missed some open field tackles that resulted in big plays too.

Overall, letting up the least amount of points all year to possibly the best offense in the league isn't that bad an effort though, imo.
  19. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,935 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    Ware has seven of those in the past five seasons -- more than Robert Mathis (6), Jared Allen (4), Dwight Freeney (4), Lamar Woodley (4), Tamba Hali (4), Cameron Wake (4), Clay Matthews (3), Julius Peppers (2), James Harrison (1), Trent Cole (1) and probably anyone else in the NFL.
  20. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,937 Messages
    623 Likes Received
    Sturm shut up. You sound like a clown.