1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

***Blame player not named Tony Romo thread***

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Dec 30, 2012.

1. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,565 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    very sad. :( :(
  2. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,525 Messages
    469 Likes Received
    Ware was bad tonight, man. I love me some Ware, but he's been bad for a few weeks now.

I understand the injury situation yada yada yada, but bad play is bad play. I'm sure he'll turn it around next year (and hope he stays healthy), but he was bad today and has been bad for the better part of the last few weeks.
  3. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Any lesser player would have been benched to teach a lesson.
  4. Double

Double New Member

70 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wont blame Ware for this loss. Even at 100%, he would still have been exposed. That is what the Deadskins offense was designed to do. They did that to Jason Pierre Paul and a host of other great pass rushers. I blame Ryan for not devising a scheme to counter those options. They left Ware all alone and the Deadskins exploited it to the max. There is definitely an answer for that offense of theirs, If NFL defensive gurus concede that there is no answer for it (including you, useless Chris Collingsworth) then Bobby Gee 3 will dominate the NFC East for a long time.
  5. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    You could tell the lack of practice time affected the way ware played the option. That is not a look u see alot in the nfl and ware was trying to slow play it. That clearly did not work.
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Tonight was a lesson on when it is time to sit a player. Ware without practice was helpless even more then injured.
  7. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,017 Messages
    658 Likes Received
    Ware is not the same...I wouldn't mind cutting ties with the guy, if we can get another pass rusher.....

Sure he can rush the passer, but his overall game sucks
  8. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

2,519 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    Agreed, last time I checked, he still had a head. He was by far the next in line behind Romo as far as placing blame.
  9. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,857 Messages
    441 Likes Received
    Ware looked like a kid at a birthday party trying to hit a pinata!

Anyone defending him are part of the problem. Way too many sacred cows in Dallas for a team that has not won ANYTHING. I am sure Ware and Witten will wind up in the Ring of Honor one day....but how many players in the Ring of Honor have ONE.....ONE playoff victory?

I agree he was injured. But a lot of his errors were NOT physical. They were mental!

But like everyone else in Dallas...I am sure they will all GLADLY hide behind Tony Romos mistakes. And we can all just move forward thinking that if we fix the Romo problem...we fix the Dallas problem. The Redskins almost score 30 points while passing for less than 90 yards. You think Dallas would ever come close to doing that?!?!
  10. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,127 Messages
    247 Likes Received
    Did the media ask him about his struggles last night? I'm just curious to know what he was coached to do and what his objective was on each play.

I'm shocked Ryan didn't tell Ware and/or Spencer to drill Griffin at least 2-3 times whether he has the ball or not. My understanding is it is a legal play on the read option. We were getting gashed by Morris anyway. You at least need to make the QB pay the price for running the ball.
  11. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,628 Messages
    186 Likes Received
    Really?/

LOL> Someone said Hatcher??? WOW..

Yea, blame the most consistent player on the defense. LOL..

I can't blame just one. I don't award just one player when they win.

But..

Romo is on the top of the list. He is still making the same mistakes that a rook or sophomoric QB makes. It has to end.

The Romo era should end. It won't, and I will be here next year hoping for the best but, it is what it is. Romo is what he is and there is a reason why he went undrafted. I like Romo, I was hoping he could shut the critics up this season but, didn't happen.

I would love nothing more than to see Dallas succeed with Romo. But, it's not going to happen.

I am sure I will feel different next August/September, lol, like some in here, but, I would still like to see a major change in Dallas.
  12. dez_for_prez

dez_for_prez Active Member

1,044 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    1) He who must not be named
    2) Jason Hatcher
    3) The entire defence
  13. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,378 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    Why is there no ***Blame Jerry Jones*** thread? Did I miss it?
  14. neosapien23

neosapien23 Well-Known Member

2,763 Messages
    52 Likes Received

This team needs more players like Ware not less. Ware went out there and stunk it up yesterday, but he emptied his tank and there is no doubt in my mind he gave this team everything he had. He had a bad year and was hurt, but the guy will be back to form next year. I have no problem in bringing in another passrusher but you do not get rid of players like Ware or Witten.
  15. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,628 Messages
    186 Likes Received
    Agree with that.. I was pretty negative on Ware this season. Pissed that he left the Saints game with a win on the line.

But, looking back. The dude played hurt all season. And, just had a bad year.

Definately don't get rid of Witten..

Course, if Witten and Ware had a shot to go to another team that had a shot at a Super Bowl??

Tough call, would rather they won one with Dallas but, I don't see that happening in the span of their careers. Both solid careers too.

Hope for much better next season