1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

***Blame Tony Romo Thread****

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,627 Messages
    584 Likes Received
    I don't extend Romo.

He is what he is.

I don't want to be one of those 'let's trade em for 2 1st round picks' guys, but I don't believe he will ever take us to the Super Bowl. Too many big-time mistakes. Enough already.
  2. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

5,934 Messages
    395 Likes Received
    You are absolutely wrong. There are players who play their best in the biggest spots and there are players who digress in the biggest spots.
  3. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,939 Messages
    545 Likes Received
    How long can we keep trying the same thing and failing? I can't put all of the blame on Tony, but he certainly deserves a good amount of it. You can't turn the ball over 3 times in the biggest game of the same, plain and simple. I'm not necessarily saying next year we need to have a new QB but we need to start looking for his replacement for sure.
  4. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,419 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    its a process!!!
  5. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,759 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    His lack of leadership shines though everytime he yells at his recievers when the cameras are on him and conveniently after throwing interceptions.
  6. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

2,449 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    Why was the first one on Otree? He was running parallel to the line of scrimmage, and Tchoke missed him. Maybe it was a poor route, but it's a pass that Tchoke STILL missed.
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,905 Messages
    4,736 Likes Received
    You're not alone in thinking this. Though Tony did blow it tonight. I'd extend him, too.
  8. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,640 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    Is this Dan Lebatard?
  9. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,194 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    :clap2:
  10. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,025 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Yeah Griffin is awesome. His team has the #1 rushing attack in the NFL and he wins the game. The Cowboys have one of the worst rushing offenses in the league and Romo is a choke artist. Some Cowboys fans deserve this organizational mess that it's become.

I used to like this board, but now it's become infested with trolls in game threads and dumb people in general with their own agendas.
  11. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    This should be the only blame thread available to post in. No matter how much everyone else was to blame, games often come down to the team that wins is the one that makes the next to the last mistake.

Romo had the ball in his hands with a chance to win the game. I don't care about the blitzes. Yeah they were bad, they didn't force him to loft the ball up for an INT.
  12. kelc

kelc Member

119 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Its called blitzing,QBs have to make quick reads and throw the ball and make them pay for blitzing. Romo failed to do that.
  13. nickjamesw43

nickjamesw43 Active Member

376 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    Do you want me to fetch the studies? I can do that if you like. It's been studied in heavily in baseball.
  14. fweegy

fweegy Active Member

762 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    Once a loser, always a loser. Same script every year, just different teams.
  15. loublue22

loublue22 Well-Known Member

2,041 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    yeah he didn't really do anything

all the more reason the game was winnable

if you had told me before the game they would have 21 points with under 5 minutes to play, I would have taken that all day. The offense should have won this game, and it should have happened way before the last pick
  16. SacredStar

SacredStar Active Member

2,693 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    the last 5 games before this romo was playing great....he is the reason we got this chance to play for a playoff spot. he did not play well when they needed him most. his play is like the entire season....a rollercoaster ride of ups and downs
  17. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,640 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    Vince Carter:shrink

Reggie Miller:elevate

Romo:shrink
  18. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

14,994 Messages
    232 Likes Received
    I guess it would have been 18 for 200 on two legs.
  19. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    3 INTs, inexcusable. He makes poor decisions with the ball at the worst times. This defense is pathetic but there's a good reason for it. The offense is pathetic for many reasons and injuries isn't really one of them.

He had the opportunity to win the game and he lost it, same ol same ol.
  20. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Active Member

628 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    Romo has single-handedly divided this forum. He's more of a cancer than T.O. ever could be.