1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

***Blame Tony Romo Thread****

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,211 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    I wouldn't expect anything else from you.
  2. loublue22

loublue22 Well-Known Member

2,697 Messages
    446 Likes Received
    I'd give it one more go with him, try to shore up the OLine and give it another shot

Murray and Dez are top tier skill guys when healthy, but the offense has to be more balanced all around. Witten was great this year, but he and Miles don't have long
  3. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,169 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Its even more annoying to see people that are happy that Romo choked and we lost.
  4. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

5,736 Messages
    1,328 Likes Received
    That has been said by countless people about countless players who have gone on to win important games.

Man...what a disaster.
  5. TheIceman

TheIceman Member

130 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Really? I think purposely overthrowing (or underthrowing it) to that guy so it sails out of bounds is an option....he didn't HAVE to throw a pick there. COME ON, just admit that this guy is not consistently good in big games and deal with it. I did a long time ago. Shame on me for thinking something would change tonight
  6. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,809 Messages
    1,021 Likes Received
    Tell me how you know that one wasn't on him? Because he was screaming? I saw the route, no way Ogletree catches that. BAD PASS. It was on Romo.
  7. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,461 Messages
    6,026 Likes Received
    qft

not only has he divided the fanbase he has destroyed the spirit of the fanbase as well. the romo era has been nothing short of MISERABLE.
  8. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,591 Messages
    358 Likes Received
    and a good OL that can pick up a blitz a few times.
    We would have been 13-3 this year.
  9. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

5,987 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    Absolutely. What do you do?

Cut him....we go 6-10 with Orton next year and hope that a QB falls to us?

We extend him....then that will buy us some time to perhaps find his replacement.

We went through a terrible time of injuries and losing guys for extended periods. If we can somehow stay relatively healthy, I have no doubt that Romo will lead us back to the playoffs.
  10. HappyOnions

HappyOnions Datwin

966 Messages
    569 Likes Received
    So that's it? Because we might have gotten beat next week that justifies his play tonight? Anything can happen in the playoffs, (See the Giants and Packers)

He had a chance to come back and win the game, with the playoffs on the line, and he blew it. HE BLEW IT.
  11. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    He was terrible today, but the offensive gameplan seemed to involve letting 3 guys unblocked up the gut and no one running to take advantage of the vacated space. An amateurish gameplan that involved no adjustment. Whats he supposed to do?
  12. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,591 Messages
    358 Likes Received
    I think you have forgotten about the pre romo era.
    I would take Romo over half the QBs in this league and in coming out in the draft and over any QB we had since Aikman.
  13. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,470 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    Only reason i wouldnt trade him is because this draft sucks. He is a good player, but too many mistakes as well.
  14. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,461 Messages
    6,026 Likes Received
    :lmao2:ARE YOU SERIOUS? WHO IS HAPPY? DO YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE PEOPLE POST ON THIS SITE...SPEND ALL THEIR TIME DEBATING ON HERE ARE HAPPY WHEN THE COWBOYS LOSE? GET A BRAIN.
  15. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,292 Messages
    431 Likes Received
    I never made it about RGIII only. I pointed out the fact that RGIII didn't have to do anything to win this game except not throw a single pick. How many times did he throw it anyways? 10?

It's a team game, and when your team gives up 250 yards rushing and you can't keep up with them on offense without Bryant and without Austin, you're going to lose. Romo is a good QB. He's a not a freaking miracle worker.
  16. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

789 Messages
    103 Likes Received
    Blah too much pressure, he had no WRs, the defense didn't get him turnovers etc.

simply put, Romo choked with the game on the line. Forget the other two INTs or the fact that he or WRs weren't crisp or winning one on one all night..

All of that is pushed aside when with a chance to WIN the game, Romo flushes the game down the toilet. Wasn't a tipped ball or a WR messing up a route.. Romo was fooled and he shouldn't have been.

I want him off the team, under no circumstances should we re-sign him.
  17. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,136 Messages
    645 Likes Received
    I was thinking about that as well before the game today. Yes, he did get the team back in a position to win both games, but the pressure is ALOT lower when you're coming from behind. As soon as the heat was turned up he did ZIPPO. The guy just doesn't seem to have the tempermant to be a Super Bowl QB.
  18. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,211 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    I can understand people blaming this game on him, but to blame this season on him, which is what the "I want him gone now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" crowd is doing is preposterous. There have been numerous times this season when he has dragged this miserable team kicking and screaming back into contention.
  19. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,186 Messages
    177 Likes Received
    I wonder how many people here are actually happy that Romo put in that performance so they could gloat in a thread like this.

Made you day didn't it?

Tony, it's time for you to move on to a team and fanbase that deserves you.
  20. InTheClouds

InTheClouds New Member

50 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll be very glad if you guys run Romo out of town over this. Maybe he can go to Minnesota or Buffalo where he doesn't have to put a 2-14 team on his back every year and make them look average. Seriously, please trade Romo for whatever **** so we don't have to worry about Dallas for the next decade.

I mean, did you guys actually watch the game? Haslett called the game of his life and disguised coverages so good even Peyton couldn't have figured them out, your OL cannot block for **** and had a player constantly in Romo's face every single play, Dez Bryant got shut down by DEANGELO HALL, your run game was mediocre at best with Murray at 50%, you at one point didn't have a single starting member of your front 7 in the game, and you were still in it for most of the game.