1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Bleacher Report: Deion Sanders' Blown Coverage: The Former Star on Dallas Cowboys' D

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Juke99, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Deion Sanders' Blown Coverage: The Former Star on Dallas Cowboys' Dez Bryant
    By
    Gene Strother
    (Correspondent) on December 3, 2010

Deion Sanders may be the greatest cornerback to ever grace a football field. Not only did he epitomize the shutdown corner, the very term was invented to describe him.

That said, Deion is also among the biggest self-promoters to ever play a team sport. He dubbed himself "Prime Time," danced to the beat of his own drummer and allegedly sewed seeds of discord in locker rooms where he played.

read more.. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/533585-blown-coverage-deion-sanders-on-dallas-cowboys-dez-bryant
  2. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,724 Messages
    2,501 Likes Received
    Great article.
  3. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,259 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    Ouch! No man-love there.
  4. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    This article is on the nosey...

Then again, Sanders is right about the fact that he should be ranked higher than 34th all time.
  5. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,645 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    Good article!! I loved Deions game but he is very fake and says a lot of stupid things on the NFLN. It's real easy to see right thru him. He knows very little about todays Cowboy football team.. Again, loved him as a player though. He's the best CB I've ever seen..
  6. Tractor1

Tractor1 Member

189 Messages
    7 Likes Received

Didn't ever like the idea of Sanders playing for the Cowboys, don't like that he is considered a former Cowboy, and couldn't care less about his opinions on the Cowboys organization. It's not going to happen, but I would like to see him passed over in final hall voting.
  7. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,821 Messages
    2,671 Likes Received
    Okay, I don't like Deion, but that was a real hack job. Typical Bleacher Report fan-written junk.
  8. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,402 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    Grand slam article. Right on the money.

Deion is a bad seed, and his influence is perpetually negative. Keep away women, children, rookies and the weak-minded.
  9. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,623 Messages
    3,347 Likes Received
    Agreed. I never liked the person Deion. I still love the player.
  10. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,660 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    Deion was a hired gun ... not a real Cowboy.
  11. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,191 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    More garbage. they really need to pass a law against garbage like this. this article not only is about trashing Deion, but also about trashing T.O., and yes Deion brought T.O. into the article.

Also, Deion was not trashing Irivn, he was giving them an example of how Irvin was, everyone that is a fan of the Boys or not knows how Mike was.

I cannot speak on the thing between Aikman and Deion, do not know if it was true or not, but there were always whispers about Aikman being prejudice, and frankly I never cared if he was or not, my favorite players were Irvin, Emmitt, Deion, Moose, then Aikman.
  12. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,568 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    'Hired guns' like Deion, Haley, and Novacek contributed mightily to the Cowboys being the 'team of the decade' in the 90s.

Are they 'real Cowboys'?

For my money (and more importantly Jerry's)... yep, they are.

JMHO