1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bledsoe Guarantees Victory! LOL LOL

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Fernando Fernandez, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Fernando Fernandez

Fernando Fernandez New Member

579 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Article posted by John Banks on Matt Mosly blog.

"We're going to come out and win this week."

Can't believe he said that!
    Bledsoe needs a Doctor quick!
  2. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,183 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    that just built my confidence
  3. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,517 Messages
    1,727 Likes Received
    Not exactly a "guarantee". I doubt if the Deadstinks put that on their locker room wall.
  4. skinsngibbs4life

skinsngibbs4life Active Member

1,382 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    hearing a player that probably had the worst game on the team this weekend say " we are going to win" boosts your confidence?
  5. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,517 Messages
    1,727 Likes Received
    he was joking.
  6. jman

jman Active Member

1,765 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nope, but playing the Redskins does.
  7. Coakleys Dad

Coakleys Dad The Re-Birth has begun.

4,835 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    how did your team do this week?
  8. Coakleys Dad

Coakleys Dad The Re-Birth has begun.

4,835 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    And hows al saunders feelin this morning?
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Personally I want Bledsoe to show confidence in himself and this team. He is not going to lay down for his critics to pick over his bones he will come out fighting. If he does not think we can go out and beat the redskins then he has no business being a starter.
  10. cbfan55

cbfan55 Member

529 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well Said
  11. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,336 Messages
    233 Likes Received
    Having such a dominating offense can't boost you're either... Wow Pot, I'm kettle.
  12. Tass

Tass Lucky Devil

1,911 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Let me play Devil's Advocate here and throw in my two cents: Maybe getting beaten by the Skins and Bledsoe having another 3 INT game is something we need. Bledsoe WILL NOT get it done. His history shows it and our line would have to perfect for him to be in any way effective. We need to put the kid in the game and sit Bledsoe if we are to have a chance this season. (OMG, you want to put an untested blah, blah, blah?) Yes...he can move, improvise and has a good arm. I'd rather let the kid prove he can play than have Bledsoe demonstrate his fabled ability to screw up when it matters.
  13. Fernando Fernandez

Fernando Fernandez New Member

579 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I too want Bledsoe to succeed and show confidence...WE ALL DO..I just think he put uneccessary pressure on himself and the team by making that statement when he did not have to.

He is setting himself, and the team, up for ridicule with that statement PLUS he's giving the Skins a big motivation tool to kick our butts into the next county.

Dumb move, Bledsoe.

Two statements in two days by Bledsoe before Wednesday, his normal day for speaking to the media, definately tells me he knows he is going downhill fast.

I feel sorry for the guy, he doesn't have to go out like this!
    He is losing it fast.
  14. canters

canters Active Member

1,797 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    I think we will win,,,probably in spite of Bledsoe. He will get blitzed all night and take too many sacks..He might throw a pick or two. But we will play well enough to win. There will be times victory will be in doubt, but we will pull it out.
  15. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Seldom Seen

2,147 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Are you kidding me? Tell me this is a joke. I live in DC and the last thing I need to hear is how good Greg Williams' defense is, how the skinks have our number, how good they are... Are you really a Dallas fan? If so, you should never advocate losing to the skins under any circumstance. ANY.

We don't need to lose to the skins.
  16. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    You put yourself up to ridicule every time you set your foot on the field. I don't see this past couple of days as being easy on Bledsoe so what he says or does not say is not going to change anything. If you don't like his statement fine by me, myself I want this team and Bledsoe showing confidence in themselfs. God know they are not going to get it from many of our fans who would rather beat up on this team and Bledsoe.
  17. Tass

Tass Lucky Devil

1,911 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Dude, normally I would NEVER say losing to the Skins would be a good thing for ANY reason...but our whole season is on the line here. In case you didn't notice, the Jax game was a microcosm of a typical Bledsoe season: start strong, falter, make a comeback to silence doomsayers and then blow it for good at the end. I know how the Drew Bledsoe movie ends, man...and so do you.
  18. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Seldom Seen

2,147 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Don't you think you are over-reacting a bit. Our whole season comes down to the 2nd game of the year. 2/16 through the season and our whole outcome comes down to this. Moreover, whats the gurantee that replacing Drew alters the outcome.

I don't care how the movie ends, to advocate lossing to the skins is insane. Ask for a QB change, ok. Ask for Bill to have enough 'guts' to make a move and go with Romo. To ask for a loss to the skins, I don't follow that logic. Under any circumstances. I'm not a Bledsoe hater or apologist. I'm a Cowboy Homer, and I hope we go 15-1 and I don't care how is at QB, RB head coach or owner. I want Dallas to win evey game.

How can you like (love) Dallas and advocate losing to the skins of all teams. I would have disagreed if you said the Giants or even Philly, but to the skins. That's just low. Real LOW.... JMO, but any die-hard Cowboy's fan would never want to loss to Washington. Again, JMO
  19. DallasInDC

DallasInDC Well-Known Member

2,048 Messages
    213 Likes Received
    To get to your original point I think a better scenario for you to lay out is for the Cowboys win despite bledsoe's performance. Not that i advocate this view. I would much rather have our OL improve and give DB the time to make plays without worrying about getting hit. DB has shown if given the time he can make plays. I also want to absolutely dominate the skins - as a rule of thumb 100% of the time. That is a much better scenario than barely beating them or losing IMO.
  20. Tass

Tass Lucky Devil

1,911 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Yes because if Bledsoe wins this game against the Skins and looks good doing it, Bill won't replace him all year long no matter HOW bad he performs (See Testaverde, Vinny). There is no guarantee that replacing Drew alters our season, but leaving him in DOES guarantee that we lose. At least with the kid there's a chance we'll win.

1) It's the only thing that MIGHT shock Parcells into replacing Drew.
    2) You sound like a Skins fan. They'd rather go 2-14 and beat us those two times than go to the playoffs. There are SOME circumstances where I'd swallow a loss to the Skins. Having a playoff season would be one of them.