1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bledsoe's last second INT... VIDEO

Discussion in 'Artwork Zone' started by eduncan22, Oct 9, 2006.

1. eduncan22

eduncan22 Benched

2,384 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. Dcz84

Dcz84 Member

303 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Trotter just about tackled Jason :(
  3. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,079 Messages
    299 Likes Received
    Yet, he was still open because Trotter fell down. Yet Bledsoe threw it right to Shepherd.
  4. Dcz84

Dcz84 Member

303 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Thank's i feel better now.
  5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven New Member

974 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    On the bright side, thank you Marion Barber for never giving up on the play.
  6. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,795 Messages
    264 Likes Received
    That throw looked bad. I heard someone talk about miscommunication, that bledsoe thought witen was going one way and he went another, but it looked like he was just standing there and bledsoe fired it about 5 feet to his left, plus it looked like glenn was open.

I just think bledsoe decides before hand a lot which guy he wants to throw to, if that is not there he cant seem to find the next guy.
  7. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,545 Messages
    849 Likes Received
    Romo would have ran it in and we'd be talking about how great it is to be 3-1 right now.
  8. Draegerman

Draegerman Internet Somebody

3,706 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Agreed. There was no quit in him on that play and he should be commended for not giving up, unlike Bledsoe who only "half-trotted" after Shepherd after the interception.

I was really hoping Shepherd was going to pull a "Lett" when he started slowing down towards the endzone, holding the ball up with one hand. You could tell from watching the replay that Barber had every intention of knocking the ball out of his hand before he scored a touchdown. Barber almost got to him and it would have been a thing of beauty if he could have pulled it off.
  9. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,374 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    Damn we could've run at least once.
  10. DLCassidy

DLCassidy Active Member

2,390 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    With no timeouts?
  11. BulletBob

BulletBob The Godfather

2,165 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    I noticed that, too. Barber's eyes got big as saucers when Lito held that ball out. Too bad Marion didn't have the burners to close.
  12. StevenOtero

6,374 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    I know, WTH man.
  13. StevenOtero

6,374 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    Probably score?
  14. StevenOtero

6,374 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    I agree, and that play was like the only play where he threw the route. Before he was throwing when he saw his receivers were open, not the route.
  15. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    To me it doesn't matter a whole lot if Witten did cut the route a little short. He was in double coverage - which may have limited Witten's ability to continue to the outside, and which also meant it was not a good decision for Bledsoe to throw there.

Watch the play from the back view later in the video. As Bledsoe is starting his throwing motion there is one defender directly in front of Witten, and Shepard was 4-5 feet to the left of Witten. Accordingly, it doesn't matter what the route was supposed to be - the Eagles had both the turn around and the route to the outside blanketed. Bledsoe made a poor choice no matter how you look at it.
  16. StevenOtero

6,374 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  17. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,015 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Trotter was quoted as saying they worked on the play all week because they knew Bledsoe liked to throw it to Witten outside the numbers in that situation.

Bledsoe played right into their hands and we of course ran a play we've run umpteen times so the D knew exactly which play to look for in that situation.
  18. eduncan22

eduncan22 Benched

2,384 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I believe Glenn was open.

At the least, throw the ball away and try again.
  19. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,900 Messages
    990 Likes Received
    Nope, that is just how slow Bledsoe is at full speed.
  20. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm not sure it's fair to blame the play call - it's not as if Witten wasn't the only choice to throw to.