1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Blitzing Washington rookie QB Robert Griffin III has been failed strategy

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Aikbach

Aikbach Active Member

9,593 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    The intangible in this game no one is talking about is RG3 is returning to Texas to play for a home crowd fanbase and family, he said last year that would be a rush that might overwhelm him.

So RG3 returning to texas could either fire him up to play lights out or he could get the jitters, my guess is pressure doesn't phase this man, and he'll want to make a statement in front of his family and friends and collegiate fanbase.
  2. BehindEnemyLinez

BehindEnemyLinez Optimist Prime

2,234 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Sad... I'm glad Dallas' players have more heart than some of their fans...
  3. Tex

Tex Member

517 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    To me the only shocker is that he has been blitzed just 47 times. I would of expected TWICE that at this point in the season.

Tex
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

73,829 Messages
    962 Likes Received
    I agree. I think it will be a tough game but I expect the Cowboys to go out there and beat Washington. RGIII is a good young QB but people are acting like they are unbeatable and that is far from the truth.

Sadly if Dallas wins the same ones hollering we will lose, will claim we beat no body should Dallas win.
  5. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

7,658 Messages
    1,137 Likes Received
    I think you're missing the significance of the 125 rating when he's blitzed.
  6. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

2,172 Messages
    572 Likes Received
    LOL, you obviously have not read some of his threads.
  7. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Member

987 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    We had 10 drops that game, passes that hit the receivers in the hands, that really destroyed our offense. I hope our receivers never have that type of game again.
  8. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Member

987 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    What's with R2D2? I don't get that at all.
  9. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,248 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    Rob Ryan will do some of what Pittsburg did which is force him to throw outside, we will be fine, we just need to contain there run which will take away the play action post and end cut routes which the deadskins like to run.
  10. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

73,829 Messages
    962 Likes Received
    As well as RGIII has played the Skins offense still centers around their running game. They are 2nd in the NFL in rushing while ranked 22nd in passing offense.

Dallas has to control the skins running game and put RGIII is certain passing situations. When teams can sit there with a 2nd and 5 or less they can open the playbook up and take shots if we can keep them in longer down and distance then Washington has problems.

For all the hoopla about Washington they are still behind Dallas, you know the team some of you claim is crap
  11. EchoBrain22

EchoBrain22 beWaredizzle

228 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Never seen Star Wars apparently, I guess you wouldn't get RG3PO either
  12. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Member

987 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    RG3PO would make sense and is fairly clever, but R2D2? because his name starts with an R and 2 is kinda like 3 only less? I was trying to see if there was some comparison I was missing, but if it's just hey lets take a droid ID and give it to a redskin, then ok, it's amazing.
  13. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

2,172 Messages
    572 Likes Received
    This is not the post your looking for. Move along.
  14. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,655 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    We play up and down to our competition. We'll be ready.
  15. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

26,552 Messages
    2,722 Likes Received
    Can we please stop mixing sci-fi dorkiness with our sports message board dorkiness? It's very disorienting for me. Han Romo posts and gifs of Emperor Jerry can't be far behind.
  16. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Member

987 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Lmao!
  17. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

4,320 Messages
    127 Likes Received

yep, like this past week. All first half, it was what I call the "3 & out" defense: 3 of ya, just stand there at the line, the rest of ya, run out the back of the end zone
  18. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    The main thing we have to do is win the coin toss and score first and I mean a TD, not a FG.
  19. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  20. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

6,733 Messages
    1,421 Likes Received
    couldnt agree more

take away the slant, physical with moss, and hit R2D2