1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Blue jerseys won't be played until SD game

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Spectre

Spectre Well-Known Member

2,157 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    It's way passed time for a new look.
  2. Cowboys=SuperBowl

Cowboys=SuperBowl Active Member

263 Messages
    153 Likes Received
    I will be at our only game with blues??? Then ill be at our game with throwback in nov! Saw in white in Az this preseason...interesting fact of the day.
  3. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,687 Messages
    1,761 Likes Received
    I agree personally. I'm more than ready for this team to have a fresh new look. There's too many old timers still holding onto the 60's though for it to happen anytime soon. I don't want a Seahawks level of "new" but a freshened up look is in order, IMO. Or failing that, at least put the sleeve star on the white jerseys that the blues have.
    Spectre likes this.
  4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,965 Messages
    1,277 Likes Received
    The whites were a Schramm idea. Back in the. Sixties the idea was to see every team's colors and for Dallas to be unique when playing at home. Marketing drove the decision then and it drives it now since it is part of the brand now.[/quote]

This. WHen you team wears the exact same jersey each game, it creates a brand recognition. There is no change; more often than not they are going to look the exact same. I, for one, love the white jersey.
  5. Texan_Eph89

Texan_Eph89 Well-Known Member

1,062 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Correlation is not causation. We just happened to lose when we wore them, wearing them didn't cause us to lose.
    danielofthesaints likes this.
  6. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,548 Messages
    1,784 Likes Received
    I love the white jerseys too, but I don't "miss" them because we wear them all the time. I miss the blues because we hardly wear them at all.
  7. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,548 Messages
    1,784 Likes Received
    The Super Bowl V part might be true, but the jersey were considered a jinx before that Philly playoff game due to Super Bowl V and other games.
  8. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,784 Messages
    1,342 Likes Received
    Yea I agree... It started with V... The eagles loss just further perpetuated the myth.
  9. Stinger_Splash

Stinger_Splash Active Member

428 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    The only unlucky charm we have is Romo. I like the blues. The cowboys need to update their uniforms. They are so plain.
  10. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    It's annoying how NFL teams can pick what jersey to wear at home. The only reason we ever wear blues is because we were forced to by the home team wearing white (as we do to our opponents every home game). It should be set by rules like every other league
  11. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,181 Messages
    2,385 Likes Received
    No, it's the young-uns that haven't a clue about history and tradition. Let's just get rid of the Yankee pinstripes, too.

I can't even watch college football these days. Did you see Texas Tech? That was sad what they wore. Can't wait for this fad to fade, much like the tattoo idiocy.

By the way, this young generation is going to look stupid in 50 years when every shriveled up old man and woman is covered in tattoos. Prepare to be ridiculed beyond comprehension.
  12. hipfake08

hipfake08 Well-Known Member

4,470 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    Good Guys wear White.
  13. Spectre

2,157 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    The whole bad luck good luck curse thing only holds water if/when you're a very successful football team. Something we haven't quite been, for a looong time.
  14. kruddy

kruddy Duffer

131 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Be real Alexander what would Tex Gil Tom Ernie and company possibly know.;)
  15. kruddy

kruddy Duffer

131 Messages
    20 Likes Received
  16. kruddy

kruddy Duffer

131 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    They are legendary all I think of when I see blue are losses
  17. Spectre

2,157 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    That's odd. We've probably lost something like 150+ games in the past 20 years... donning mostly the white unis.
  18. kruddy

kruddy Duffer

131 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    I said that was my feeling just a superstition .
  19. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

12,226 Messages
    1,340 Likes Received
    I hate the blue jerseys can't think of any great games the Cowboy played wearing them. Some of the worst memories I have of watching the Cowboys play were in games where they were wearing their blue jerseys. They lost so often in them Philly made them wear blue on the road during the 1980 NFC title game and as usual the Cowboys stunk in them. They lost a SB and 2 NFC title games wearing their blue jerseys. I've been following the team since 1971 and can't recall them ever winning a playoff or championship game during that period in their blue jerseys. Does anyone know how many if any playoff games the Cowboys won wearing their blue jerseys? Would be interesting to know what their winning percentage is in their blue jerseys.

Every great Cowboy game and play I remember the team was wearing their white jerseys. Only the long-time Cowboy fans would have a hatred for the blue jerseys. It's not the look of the jerseys it's the bad luck associated with them. The throwbacks may even be worse every time I see those I think of Barry Sanders running wild against the Cowboys on a Monday Night game and the loss to the 49ers in the 1994 NFC title game. Why we wore those damn jerseys for that game I'll never know.
  20. WestCoastQB

WestCoastQB Active Member

220 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    I'm thinking over the past 17 years the whites have been very lucky... :/