1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bob Stoops: SEC dominance is part propaganda

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by joseephuss, May 8, 2013.

1. MC KAos

MC KAos Well-Known Member

7,496 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    But that argument goes both ways, it's also easier to have great teams with that many at the top. Those 4 bad SEC teams you listed are all original SEC teams, if you wanna take the new teams out of the equation
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,853 Messages
    2,129 Likes Received
    Its way harder to have great teams than to have mediocre teams.
    It does not fully go both ways.

Plus, we are talking about the conferences as they are right now. So Texas AM is in the SEC.

If you want to remove the new teams, I guess we could remove A&M and Missouri, but we'd also have to remove TCU and West Virginia.

Anyway, the Big 12 is plenty good.
    I'm certainly one of the fans out there hoping someone else wins a BCS title besides an SEC team. I'm sick of them...plus they are getting very arrogant.
  3. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,738 Messages
    1,661 Likes Received
    I don't agree with this. It's way easier to have great teams in a conference then it is to have decent teams at the bottom. To be good top to bottom, that means that all of the teams must be recruiting, investing in the program, bringing in good coaching and doing a good job scheduling. It's easier, IMO, to have 3 or 4 good teams then it is to have decent quality top to bottom. JMO
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,853 Messages
    2,129 Likes Received
    Not exactly arguing the same point.

Anyway, imo, the smaller the conference, the easier it is to have decent (not great) teams top to bottom.

Anyway, historically (not just recently), it's not like Kansas, Iowa St, or Baylor have been world beaters either.

I'm not here to bash the Big 12 anyway.