1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bobby Jindal

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by ABQCOWBOY, Feb 24, 2009.

1. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,028 Messages
    1,893 Likes Received
    So far, I have to say that Bobby Jindal does not sound very impressive. He sounds as if he's talking to a 2nd grade elementry class.
  2. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,998 Messages
    1,090 Likes Received
    I agree, I've never been impressed with him. Don't get the hype.
  3. ABQCOWBOY

35,028 Messages
    1,893 Likes Received
    Thank you Theo. I have corrected the spelling of Jindal.

I don't have a real problem with his views and I've seen him speak well but I'm not impressed this evening. It's funny how President Obama can make people look poor in comparison. President Obama really is an exceptional speaker.
  4. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,903 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    I recently moved from NE Texas and the network stations were all out of Shreveport so I am very familiar with him...

He is an impressive man with a great story...
  5. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,740 Messages
    258 Likes Received
    ....If he does not get Palin'ized: you can then presume the Libs' thought the same thing.....

2nd grade level: well at least then he isnt preaching to the "choir", must be targeting the opposition party:rolleyes:
  6. ABQCOWBOY

35,028 Messages
    1,893 Likes Received

:laugh2:

He needs to work on his delivery. I am a Conservative and I like Jindal's views but it was hard for me to listen to that. Not really great content either. I think the Republicans could have done much better.
  7. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,097 Messages
    2,304 Likes Received
    Jindal has the type of educational background and academic accolades--a Rhodes Scholar and Ivy League graduate--that Sarah Palin and John McCain lacked.

Of course, Bush graduated from Yale, and the media certainly didn't spare him.
  8. ScipioCowboy

15,097 Messages
    2,304 Likes Received
    If Jindal decides to run in 2012, his treatment by the media will be a fascinating development. Palin merely suggested that teachers should be allowed to discuss Intelligent Design if the issue is broached by students, and she was skewered for it. Jindal actually advocates making Intelligent Design part of school curriculum, and he has a degree in Biology.:eek:
  9. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Speaking of Intelligent design,has anybody seen that documentary by Ben Stein,"Expelled:No intelligence allowed".

If not,make it a priority to do so.
    Compelling.
  10. irvin88

irvin88 Active Member

1,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Palin will be the nom in 2012.

She will roll over Huckabee, Jindal, Romney, etc.
  11. ScipioCowboy

15,097 Messages
    2,304 Likes Received
    I know of Stein's film, and I've been intending to watch it for some time. It seems I need to visit the local video store.
  12. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,063 Messages
    4,402 Likes Received
    That speech was really bizarre. Well not the speech itself but it's delivery.

I see Jindal in a very different way than I see someone like Palin. From everything I have read about him he is VERY intelligent and does not come across in a manner like I think palin did where you honestly have to question intelligence. (waiting to be flamed over that but that is just how I see it).

But man alive that was an awkward delivery of a speech. I don't know if they had a boom mic that was going too close to him and moving back or what. He had the oddest cadence or emphasis on words that seemed out of place. Not sure how to explain it but I think most understand what I am saying.

Again I think he is a VERY intelligent man but that delivery made me think of Mister Rogers or something.

Very odd. Again the delivery was the thing, not the message or ideas themselves.
  13. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    well that was many of the nations 1st impression of jindal and most will simply walk away thinking he's a moron. he kept going on like he was talking down to me. i've heard the hype and i tried to listen but after a few minutes, i just had to change the channel. obama may be spouting lies but he does it very well and with a mature confidence.

he may has well have been trying to read a child a bedtime story as speak to the nation. i'll be glad to listen again but that was just bad.
  14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,946 Messages
    3,458 Likes Received
    I think he has good ideals but he does sound like Mr. Rogers. :laugh2:
  15. Yoshimitsu

Yoshimitsu Lurch

2,072 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    He made me cringe. I felt like i was in the 1st grade again sitting in class while the teacher reads us a Dr. Seuss book. His message was alright but the delivery was comical.
  16. iceberg

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    the message sounded like it was scrubbed by the PC police and void of any singular thought or emotion. i hated the message and the delivery.

i know obama is black. i don't need another minority coming at me to say how wonderful it is that a black man did "this".

a man did it. just a man. i'm proud we're to the point where such a man can be president but i'll be happy when we simply get past race as the lead in to these discussions.

we'll never get past these walls if we keep buidling them to say how great we're past them.
  17. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    He's had a lot of practice.
  18. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He thinks Americans can do anything!
  19. iceberg

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    unless you're deep into one side or the other, (ie, an extreme viewpoint) you don't know or care about that. you just hear someone sounding confident and like they know what they're doing.

obama does that very well. usually. the flip side is he can sound just as lost - something he has to work on.
  20. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,662 Messages
    6,399 Likes Received
    I know what you mean. Just from a personal standpoint.

Sometimes your mind can be too overloaded info and when trying to deliver the right thought, you come across as unsure.

Like I can debate football on the Zone all day because I can take my time before typing my thoughts. But when I'm in casual convo, I don't come across as well. Tho I still get my points across.