1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Boys vs. Redskins Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DenCWBY, Nov 18, 2012.

1. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

700 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    The last sentence of your take is the key and that (4 mistake free quarters) has not happened in years under JG as the OC or HC. That is the problem. By what you have seen throughout this year, (the penalties, turnovers, poor blocking, misassignments) are you confident they will all the sudden change? By the way they are coached, I just don't see anything that will change this teams play/mentality. Same strategy, same plays, same team, same "process", same message, same result. Would love to see JG get struck by lightening and adjust our passing game to protect Romo but haven't seen it so far.
  2. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,130 Messages
    2,326 Likes Received
    I'm not. I'm merely acknowledging the possibility.
  3. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

700 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    I understand and appreciate your point. Just pointing out, the trend with our offensive strategy over the last few years does not make this possibility probable. JG just seems to throw the same stuff to each new D expecting it to work, while throwing Romo out there like a sitting duck.
    We lose Romo, it is over and there is no QB that would want to apply this strategy with this Oline, unless he runs a 4.42 40.
  4. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,909 Messages
    753 Likes Received
    When I was watching college football last year, I was watching RGIII. So I really don't have a good feeling about this game. The strength of the Cowboys right now is the defense. The strength of the Redskins is now their offense. We have experienced season-ending injuries to key starters. The Redskins have actually lost more starters to season-ending injuries than the Cowboys (I think). So, yeah, very difficult to predict, but if I had to make a guess I would lean towards:

Redskins: 27
    Dallas: 20
  5. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,909 Messages
    753 Likes Received
    I can see how you might come to that conclusion, but that has actually been the story of the Cowboys season it seems. The offense stubbornly tries to execute plays they simply do not have the offensive line talent to run in the 1st half and then switches it's focus to pass when they have to try and play catch up. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it's too little too late.
  6. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,111 Messages
    999 Likes Received
    This is the NFL, who cares what he did in college football. He's 4-6 in the NFL and he can't win games single handedly in the NFL even against the worst teams in the league. So sick of hearing about how 'great' Robert Griffin is. His team has lost to Carolina and St. Louis this year and 4 out of their last 6 games.
  7. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,909 Messages
    753 Likes Received
    I think we all get it's a team sport. But against this team and this abysmal offense, he could very well be the big reason why the Redskins win...should they win. I'm not rooting for him to do so by any stretch of the imagination. I merely recognize that it is a possibility.

And I'm sorry if you are sick of hearing/reading about how great he is...but he is great and, in my opinion, will likely be considered the best QB in the NFCE before long...if he isn't already.
  8. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,521 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    Wow, a little upset are we. Calm down.
  9. BoyGenius

BoyGenius Member

80 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cowboys 24-20
  10. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,230 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    He is close to being the best QB in the division but I can't put him over Romo yet until he reaches the playoffs and win a game
  11. Wayne02

2,521 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    Romo isn't the best QB in the division.
  12. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,177 Messages
    2,237 Likes Received
    Cowboys 27
    Skins 23
  13. mldardy

7,111 Messages
    999 Likes Received
    NO.:rolleyes:
  14. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,230 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    Out of the 4 I have to say he is

Romo
    RG3
    Gomer Pyle
    Vick
  15. mldardy

7,111 Messages
    999 Likes Received
    Wow, a little upset are we. Calm down.
  16. Wayne02

2,521 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    No, I made a simple statement. I didn't go into an all out rant like you did, so again, calm down.
  17. Wayne02

2,521 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    What are you basing the order of these QB's on?
  18. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,211 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Mmm....perhaps they didn't.

The first thank yous that should go out should be to the Browns defense. I sent mine in the game thread. 10 first downs on penalties doesn't hurt when you're mounting a comeback.

I don't want to diminish what Romo and Dez did. I gave them their props in another thread....they both played well....but they had a lot of help. It's okay, though. Nothing wrong with that. It's kind of nice, actually, to be on the receiving end for once, but I'm not sure that comeback happens without the Browns defense imploding with penalties.

As for Thursday....ha....the only prediction I can make with this team is that whatever happens, it will be unnecessarily excruciating and at times difficult to watch, especially early in the game. The team will then wake up sometime in the 3rd quarter. At some point, Romo will scramble to avoid 5 blitzers, light up the scoreboard, and we will all wonder where this offense was in the first half. The game will then end either in much welcomed relief or in epic shocking fashion.

It's what they do.
  19. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,140 Messages
    660 Likes Received
    i think we have to put up atleast 30 to win this one,RG3 i going to have a field day against our defense.
  20. BRAVEONAWARPATH

BRAVEONAWARPATH Member

48 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Fwiw, London Fletcher, Logan Paulsen, Josh Wilson, Pierre Garcon and Trent Williams are nursing injuries.

Not sure if they'll be able to go Thursday.:(