1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Boys vs. Redskins Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DenCWBY, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,417 Messages
    6,474 Likes Received
    Okay. I think I'm ready for a guess.

Redskins 26
    Cowboys 20

For the simple reason that it's hard for this team to win 3 in a row.
  2. Risen Star

20,417 Messages
    6,474 Likes Received
    Yep. It will be an agonizing 3 hour experience that'll come down to the final minute of play. If we win, great. If we lose, we'll be talking about the one or two plays that would have won us the game.
  3. BigD

BigD Got 5? We do!

496 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    34-27 Cowboys. Romo has a field day on their secondary. RG3 produces and plays lights out; rushes for 60+ and a score but in the end their secondary is the achilles heel and we eat it up. :star:
  4. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

3,965 Messages
    522 Likes Received
    I think that our weak pass rush and running game are more likely to be the deciding factors.
  5. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,354 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    statistically, it is harder for this team to not win 3 games in a row at some point in the season.

Campo never did it. Since then, we only have had 2 seasons without a 3 game winning streak - once with Parcells and once in the year we fired Wade (where Jason nearly had a 4 game winning streak)
  6. Risen Star

20,417 Messages
    6,474 Likes Received
    The problem with that is you're dealing with different players. I'm talking about this team.

I consider the game a toss up. I'm picking the Redskins simply because I don't trust this team to put 3 wins together.

I wouldn't bet a stick of chewing gum on the game though.
  7. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,307 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    30-24 Cowboys

Expecting Dez to have another great game.
  8. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

Yes he is, buy the way it's worked out, they have been the types of opponents you might schedule for Homecoming.

Believe it or not, the 4-6 Redskins are probably Romo's toughest competition yet on Thanksgiving.
  9. Risen Star

20,417 Messages
    6,474 Likes Received
    Was the Green Bay game in 2007 on T-day? If so, then that was clearly better competition.

But you're right. The level of competition overall has been low.
  10. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,388 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    I will never understand why people bring up stats like that.

Who was the Cowboys coach when their only win was against the Redskins ?

I feel like it was Coach Johnson.

And I do understand Boyer stated "this team"...what has this team shown you to believe that ?
  11. Eric_Boyer

4,354 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    I also consider the game a toss up, largely because I have little respect for the team Shanahan has assembled

for instance, the skins with their players they possess have failed to win two games in a row this year and have accomplished this feat only twice in total with Shanahan on board.
  12. Risen Star

20,417 Messages
    6,474 Likes Received
    That's why this is so tough to pick. You're convincing me the Redskins go down. They are a bad team on the road in a short week.

Then somebody else will come in and remind me how bad we are too. Everything you can say about them can basically be said about the Cowboys.
  13. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,388 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Fair enough. How long has Garrett been in the big d ? And what has he accomplished ?

The Redskins are playing above expectations, especially with all of the injuries. The Cowboys are playing on par.

EDIT: But although with my prediction I was being a homer...it really is a toss up. Depends on which teams show up in the afternoon.
  14. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

They played the Jets that year. GB was the week after I believe.

2006- Buccaneers - 4-12
    2007- Jets - 4-12
    2008- Seahawks - 4-12
    2009- Raiders - 5-11
    2011- Dolphins - 6-10

2010- Saints - 11-5 (Kitna)
  15. Risen Star

20,417 Messages
    6,474 Likes Received
    Well then you are correct, sir. This is his toughest opponent to date.
  16. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,108 Messages
    1,463 Likes Received
    And those one or two plays will be added to the list of "fingertips" and shoulda coulda woulda plays that caused us to just miss the playoffs by a hair or two . . . .

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
  17. Eric_Boyer

4,354 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    a perennial last place team with a rookie qb on a short week is at most at the same level of weakness as we have faced in recent history.

the problem is this is the worst offensive unit we have had since Romo has been around and it leaves us with zero confidence, even when playing perennial last place teams.
  18. Eric_Boyer

4,354 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    fortunately he has shown the ability to win two, even three games in a row outside the month of September. :lmao2:
  19. Risen Star

20,417 Messages
    6,474 Likes Received

It could drive you to drink when you think about the possibilities.

Stuff like watching your supposed #1 WR lose the ball in the lights to end the Giants season and then they go on to win it all.

Crayton stopping his route.

Romo muffing the FG hold.
  20. Risen Star

20,417 Messages
    6,474 Likes Received
    I think the one thing you can definitely say about this game is both teams will make a run and have the momentum. It's just a matter of who has it at the end.