1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Brad Sham on Talking Cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by FuzzyLumpkins, Aug 2, 2005.

1. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,369 Messages
    778 Likes Received
    Pretty much said that the guys in camp that have shown flashes in his eyes are James, Beriault, Thompson, and Rogers.

Said that James is showing the physical prescence that is needed in the middle. Personally, I think the jury is out until I see him make the right reads in game.

Rogers being moved to first team after only 3 days of practice is speaking volumes in Sham's eyes. Made me happy to see seeing that Ive been on the dudes bandwagon since we got him. Still time to get on folks.

Said that Spears is going to be a good player for a long time for us.

Spags and that other dude, Phillips I think were talking about Ware. Saying that he had the ability to turn the corner dip his shoulder and not fall down like the other pass rushers we had in the past had.

Made a comment that he can hold up the point of attack. He had 27 reps at 225 at the combine but if you tried to run away from him his speed would make his backside pursuit excellent.

Some stuff about Bledsoe and how if hes protected hes going to be awesome. Same old hat weve heard.

Really all I remember that stuck out.

Nice to hear that people there in Cali are liking what they see from James and Rogers cause we really need those two to step up to be successful.
  2. Billy Bullocks

Billy Bullocks Active Member

4,075 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I agree with you on that as well. However, there are less reads as Mike backer rather than Weakside LB in the 4-3. So the reads are going to be a bit easier for old Brady this year. Also factor in this is year 3, hes had 3 offseasons of film study, and Parcells has been on him too. I think James will produce this year. Its about time we start getting production from our draft pics.

I also thikn that Peterman and Rogers will come around. Parcells usually doesnt miss on too many of his 2nd and 3rd rounders, especially in the same draft, so odds are at least one of em developes into waht Parcells saw.
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,127 Messages
    2,734 Likes Received
    More good news coming from Cali.

It's going to be a long camp if that continues. NOT!!!
  4. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

19,919 Messages
    584 Likes Received
    I luved Mickey's quote of Mike Zimmer on Ware's pass rush moves. Its in the last ten minutes of today's show. He basically talked of how he already had an arsenal of moves that they normally have to teach. Spin move on one play, inside rush on the next, fake spin, etc. Sounded like the kid isn't as raw as the draft nitwits claimed.
  5. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    I don't think the issue with Rogers has ever been ability - he was a standout at LT at USC and demonstrated good footwork in TC last year. The test for Rogers will be how well his shoulders hold up during the season.

If he proves to have the necessary durability - I suspect he'll be moved to LT next year and Flo will move to RT.
  6. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

34,978 Messages
    2,555 Likes Received
    The DC on Troy State is now a head coach I think. Plus he's had time to look at film and get some coaching here. Maybe he's a natural plus a fast learner. We can only hope. This isn't preseason games much less real games yet much less playoff games. So I'll hold my optimism a little but I have to say I haven't felt this good about a team since the mid 90s. Hope I'm right.

BTW, my trip to Costa Rica is on hold dang it. Some bill fish is lucky.
  7. FuzzyLumpkins

15,369 Messages
    778 Likes Received
    You realize that you are very responsible for the negative vibes towards Rogers with your shoulder prognosis brah. :p:

Seriously are there reasonably likely scenarios where his shoulder wont be a problem long term? I guess what im trying to say is it possible that he just had some bum luck rather than a degenerative condition?
  8. FuzzyLumpkins

15,369 Messages
    778 Likes Received
    If that is the case then I am absolutely stoked. Defenses cannot key in on him like they could at Troy State cause we have some serious talent.

I WANT TO SEE THIRD AND LONG.
  9. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    The nature of repetitive shoulder injuries in young athletes is a very complicated topic and cannot be adequately addressed in this forum. Multi-volume encyclopedias are dedicated to this topic.

I think it is unlikely that he will maintain health for a sustained period of time. I have dealt with a fair number of athletes (but I'm not a shoulder expert) who have had repetitive shoulder injuries and the outcome is usually recurrence.

We also have a saying in medicine that history repeats itself and he has already had four shoulder surgeries (two on each side)by the age of 24? The most likely reason is he is biomechanically predisposed to developing these injuries and will continue to be susceptible in the future.

Having said all that, I do not know the nature of Rogers most recent shoulder injury or his previous shoulder surgeries. I am happy that he is performing well right now. I don't think we can go into a season in the near future without a viable contingency plan for a Rogers shoulder injury - that has always been my concern from a football team point of view.