1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Brandon Harris vs. Prince Amukumara

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by egn22, Mar 2, 2011.

1. egn22

egn22 Well-Known Member

875 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    For a lack of time i'm going to keep this real quick and simple.
    I've researched draft sites and blogs for several weeks now and as we all know the media consensus is we're taking Prince at 9.
    But I'm hearing Brandon Harris will be a better NFL corner than Prince. For some reason, no one has Brandon Harris in their top 10 or even 15 from what I've seen.
    So whats the real deal here? If we took Harris at 9 would we be overthinking it and reaching? Or is Prince a top 10 prospect for a legitimate reason who we definitely can't afford to pass up if the opportunity is there?
  2. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,576 Messages
    2,950 Likes Received
    Not sure, but Brandon Harris has great feet.
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,274 Messages
    1,219 Likes Received
    Where are you hearing that Brandon Harris will be a better NFL corner than Prince?
  4. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like Brandon Harris if you're going to trade down and acquire some nice picks.
  5. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,547 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    Sanders said that Harris was the best CB on the field at the combine.
  6. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,316 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    I take Prince over Harris and convert him to safety.
  7. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've heard from people I trust that Harris has the best feet and hands.
  8. Sam I Am

31,316 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    You can't trust Deion Sanders. :muttley:
  9. egn22

egn22 Well-Known Member

875 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    see, i'm not making this stuff up, people.
  10. cobra

cobra Salty Bastard

3,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Really? Let me go look at some YouTube highlights and some other blogs and forums to find out the truth. I'll report back what my scouting shows.

You think maybe that is a signal that what you are "hearing" is a bunch of bunk?

There's a reason why PP and Prince are considered the top 2 CBs and top 10 players.
  11. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Naa I know people at UM, he's a very sound CB. I like him a lot but at only 5'10 he's not a top 10 pick.
  12. Sam I Am

31,316 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    Darrell Green was only 5'9. :)
  13. cobra

cobra Salty Bastard

3,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I some people who are equipment managers at NW East Ark St. who watch a lot of South Dakota State games and they leaked to me that Prince was a stud who dominated at times. Based on what he did to South Dakota State, they are certain he is going to be an Aeneas Williams clone.
  14. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,274 Messages
    1,219 Likes Received
    Combine != Real World

People you trust said he's the best? Well that's good enough for me.
  15. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The thing that bothers me about Prince is that he's 6' with the arm length of a guy 5'9"ish.
  16. Nightshade

Nightshade Active Member

1,811 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    South Dakota State?

:eek::
  17. stokee

stokee New Member

177 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Guys I just watch him on you tube against Notre Dame and he didn't look all that bad. He was slipping and sliding all over the field. The touchdown pass that was caught on him by Floyd he misjudge the ball and he slipped and fell. If he don't slip on a wet field an easy interception. I like this guy!!!!! I think we should go back to our roots and draft players that are from Florida and played in Florida. Michael Irvin, Emmit Smith, Darrin Smith, Russell Maryland, Kevin Williams, Deion Sanders (not drafted) but you know what I mean, these are players that have given good playing years..
  18. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,853 Messages
    2,335 Likes Received
    i already did my scouting and just got back from "watching tape" (on google and youtube) and i think that PP and Prince are WAY over-rated.

;)
  19. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,513 Messages
    801 Likes Received
    I think Curtis Brown is a possibility in the 3rd round or trade up into the 2nd if we go another way at 9 or trade down.
  20. CanuckCowboysFan

CanuckCowboysFan Benched

2,023 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Both good. Both had very good combines, Harris a little better since he was better in the drills. But Princes' tape is better.

Both rarely got tested but the reason Princes' INTs are down is because he played a ton of man to man (press man) this year compared to last year where he lined up a few yards off and read the Qb's eyes and made a break. It's no that he has poor ball skills. He doesn't.

Also, Deion saying Harris was the best at the combine is ok, but his main critique of Prince was he played to high. So did half the corners there including PP.