1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Brandon (Head-Hunter) Meriweather banned 2 games for illegal hits

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by 03EBZ06, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,209 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Go ask Jermicheal Finley if this game has become flag football.
  2. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    I can remember Tatum and Adkinson of the Raiders, they made people who play safety now look like choir boys. I used to like them because they went after the squeeler recievers, Lynn Swann in particular and I truly hate the pittsburg squeelers. Also a guy who used to play for the Cowboys Cliff Harris used to lay people out.
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,560 Likes Received
    It's a different era.
  4. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    You are right, safety is good, but this is football. If people don't want to get hit let them go swimming or play badmittion. You have to have some physical play in football. It was kind of like our backup linebacker 2 weeks ago got a fine for hitting someone on kickoff or punt return. It has gone too far, these penalties. Some people would suspend someone for hitting them with the "bird" from a badmitton game..... Thank you for this thread and bringing this out on the board, that football is a physical sport and if you don't like it, go play badmitton
  5. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,689 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    He has become as dirty as you can be. Time and time again he is launching himself helmet first into the head and neck area of opposing players, many of whom are in defenseless positions.
  6. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,149 Messages
    1,411 Likes Received
    I remember that play too, .. what a great play, .. should have been a game winner, .. but alas, the defense couldn't hold.

That was Quincy Wilson, .. those on this board may remember his Dad, that played for the Bears.
  7. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,418 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    Agreed, neither looked like he was trying to lead with his helmet, and Marshall actually dropped his head low or else he gets hit across the chest.