1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Brandon Jenkins to enter 2013 draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Nov 19, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,811 Messages
    885 Likes Received
    Bob Ferrante ‏@BobFerrante
    FSU's injured star senior defensive end, Brandon Jenkins, said he will enter the NFL Draft.
    Retweeted by FOX Sports Florida
    Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite

Deep pass rush pool just got deeper. 6-3 260 coming off foot surgery.
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,811 Messages
    885 Likes Received
    Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
    With Brandon Jenkins entering 2013 NFL Draft, his stock hinges on his health. If he can go at the Combine, could get back into late Rd1
    Expand
  3. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,929 Messages
    538 Likes Received
    I think about him in the 2nd and don't hesitate in the 3rd. Although I think if he's 100% by combine time he could easily creep into the 2nd if he puts up the #'s I think hes capable of.

Still.....Werner, Moore, Montgomery, Carradine, Okafor, Jenkins, Jeffcoat, Jones and Mingo. Give me any of them in the 1st 3 and I'm a happy camper.
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,811 Messages
    885 Likes Received
    Jenkins suffered a Lisfranc foot injury during the Seminoles' season opener against Murray State on Sept. 1. He entered the year as one of the nation's top defensive ends and a first-team All-ACC pick. In three seasons at FSU, Jenkins totaled 116 tackles including 36 1/2 for loss and 21.5 sacks. Entering the 2012 campaign, Jenkins was on the Bednarik (top defender), Camp (top player) and Nagurski (top defender) Award watch lists.

Projected by many NFL draft experts as a second-to third-round pick following his junior season in 2011, Jenkins opted to return to FSU for his senior season and complete his degree. Jenkins will graduate in December.

Jenkins fractured the Lisfranc joint complex in his foot during the first half of the Seminoles' opening game, a freak injury that occurred without contact. The initial X-rays were negative but an MRI revealed a fracture to the joint that stabilizes the midfoot. There was no chance of a return for the 2012 season.

At the start of the year and prior to the injury, the 6-foot-4, 265-pound Jenkins was rated as the No. 44 overall player and the No. 4 overall outside linebacker prospect by NFLDraftScout.net. He has no current rating due to the injury.

http://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1438973