1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Brees and 5 picks *Merge*

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by dfense, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    Not to me it doesn't, but then I don't freak out over players having a bad game.
  2. Vtwin

Vtwin Power and Performance

1,902 Messages
    62 Likes Received

Dilfer.
  3. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

1,732 Messages
    269 Likes Received
    Is Dilfer the same caliber of QB as Brees?
  4. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Drew Bree's has always been a turnover machine. He must lead the league in balls that should have been picked but were dropped also.

But, that is a function of there offense, to play uptempo and be aggressive you have to take calculated risks and chances. That is what he does.

That is why they score so many points, that is why he throws so many touchdowns. It's not a cautious slow offense, it's a fast aggressive uptempo group.

That is why people don't complain about him. The are going to keep coming at you no matter what happened.

He could throw 50 picks but would still scare the hell out of the next defense he is going to play because of there offense.

Hey are well coached and they play the same way every week and every snap.

Novel concept.
  5. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,961 Messages
    628 Likes Received
    Yeah let's laugh at a guy who has a ring with in the last 5 years.

So funny.
  6. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,128 Messages
    316 Likes Received
    Which proves the point that 5 interception games doesn't preclude someone from being able to win a SB.
  7. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,839 Messages
    1,168 Likes Received
    It was his olines and receivers fault. Those idiots don't know how to run their routes properly and the oline isn't protecting him enough. Any other QB there would get killed and the team would be lucky to have one win. :D
  8. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    what should be said, in your opinion? LMAO??
  9. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,890 Messages
    625 Likes Received
    Agree. While watching the game last night the first thing I thought...sadly... Was, watch the Brees posts come out on CZ. Everyone acknowledges that QBs have bad games. It's do they have bad games consistently at the wrong time that is debated. Why are people so black and white? We have 1 playoff win in 15 years yet somehow every outlier applies to us....Brees and Rodgers have bad games, Landry lost his first few years, Jerry won SBs 17 years ago. Great but right now we are talking about a below .500 team.
  10. ufcrules1

6,839 Messages
    1,168 Likes Received
    Actually, Romo doesn't have bad games... the oline, coach, and receivers have bad games.

Brees on the other hand does have bad games. That loss last night was on him.
  11. ufcrules1

6,839 Messages
    1,168 Likes Received
    Yup, Brees sucks... :lmao2: :lmao2:
  12. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,085 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    Lets face it, the only thing Romo critics have left is the "no rings"

All other myths regarding the other top guys not doing this or not doing that have been dispelled.

So you can keep your no rings theories going and I am glad you guys love to hang your hats on that one!

I am still trying to figure out why Rodgers could not pad his stats like Romo did against the Giants D when they were behind by 25! (that is one of my favorites!!)
  13. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,128 Messages
    316 Likes Received
    Not true at all. Many people act like only bad QB's have games like a small fraction of Romo's games, even though most of them have bad games more often than he does.
  14. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,890 Messages
    625 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

For everyone comparing these QBs every week let me throw out a softball question...who is better Troy Aikman or Tony Romo.?

A: Aikman by far right?

So what are the reasons because Tony has much better regular season stats?

A: Aikman was one of the best passers in NFL history in the playoffs and won 3 SBs.

So why would Brees and Rodgers be better than Romo despite bad games?

A: Because they have great stats and have won a SB and won in the playoffs.

So please stop with all the comparisons just because a top QB has a bad day here and there. You can't look at the league that way. I've defended Romo a lot but all of these guys (Brees/Rodgers)deal with bad lines, poor RBs, etc and succeed. Romo is not the worst of our problems by far but he also has a hand in this bad run.

Agree with this statement. My problem with the Romo thing is that its alright to acknowledge that he does well to deal with our O-line but he also has a hand in playing bad in big moments too. It is so black and white to some whereas I look at it as an issue because there isn't anything better out there right now and he helps us win games BUT you also have to deal with his dumb mistakes yearly and big games that get away. I ride the fence out of seeing both sides and its hard to see where he can improve.
  15. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Its only because God Sean Payton wasnt there to fix the problems.

[If they wouldve won]
    its because they are a team put together by Lord Payton.
  16. Hostile

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
  17. Hostile

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    He has a ring.
  18. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

4,845 Messages
    335 Likes Received
    Ugh. I have Brees and Peyton Manning on my FFL team. Guess who I started. :eek::(
  19. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

1,987 Messages
    581 Likes Received
    The difference between Brees and Romo is Brees gets the benefit of the doubt. He got the Saints to the NFC championship game in 06. Won a Super Bowl in 2009. Won a playoff game last yea and probably should have beaten the Niners if they had any sort of defense.

Romo has just won 1 single playoff game. That's just how it goes. If Romo would have won that playoff game against the Seahawks and got to or won the Super Bowl in 2007, there would be a different outlook on him from the media standpoint.
  20. Vtwin

Vtwin Power and Performance

1,902 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    Of course not.

Can't have it both ways though.

If you are going to excuse Brees and villify Romo for the same performance simply because Brees has one ring than you are pretty much saying Dilfer is a better QB than any who haven't gotten a ring.

FWIW I love Brees and was pissed that the Cowboys couldn't/didn't make a play for him. He is a winner and you could see that in San Diego.

Just like Romo.