1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Brees and Rodgers far from Gods

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Eskimo, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,716 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    Romo blew the Minny game early by fumbling the ball on the second drive when they were in a position to take the lead or at least shrink Minny's lead to one point. Instead turnover Tony struck again and the floodgates were open. Easy to rush the passer when the team your playing is behind by two td's.

Love the excuses for this guy. The team stopped running routes against the Giants now as well? Seems like only when Romo has a good game do the wr's suddenly remember how to run routes on this team.

So yeah I watched the games, not read the stats like you may have done.

Got anything else?
  2. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,664 Messages
    1,043 Likes Received
    You see, that is where you and I disagree. You have every excuse possible for Romo and why he is playing bad. Sure, not everything is perfect here in Dallas but it is good enough for him to succeed. He threw for 432 yards against Washington... and most of them didn't come until the 3rd quarter. His line did just fine most of the game for Romo to succeed. Instead early on he throws 2 interceptions and constant overthrows/underthrows. This is against one of the worst defenses in the league.

Also, I'm tired of fans saying "Just wait until Romo leaves, and then you will appreciate him more etc" Yes, the Cowboys went a long time with crappy QB's before Romo came along, that doesn't mean good QB's weren't out there, we just did a poor job of getting a solid QB. Also, there are good QB's to be found, just look at some of the recent QB's drafted... RG3, Luck, Dalton, Wilson, Kaperneck, etc. It's not like we can't find one. Romo is 32 years old and declining, it's time to look for his replacement.
  3. ufcrules1

6,664 Messages
    1,043 Likes Received
    Why do you have to insult anyone who wants a new QB here? Do you think Romo is going to last forever? What is you exit strategy away from Romo?
  4. craig71

craig71 Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

2,575 Messages
    1 Likes Received

I'm still amazed that a team that started out 1-7 finished 5-3 with Jon Kitna and Stephen McGee at the helm. Shouldn't have won a game without the great one.

Craig
  5. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I disagree, Rodgers has a lot more time than Romo does week in and week out but he holds the ball longer and, while he is a good runner, he does not avoid sacks the way Romo does. Plus he is more likely to take a sack than to throw it like Romo leading to more sacks and fewer INTs.

Lastly, watching his receivers make plays for him in a way that ours do not really stood out to me last night, even in a losing effort.
  6. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

2,967 Messages
    213 Likes Received
    He doesnt have one, along with the other nonstop Romo bashers who act like he has a terrible career here. All they have is "Get rid of Romo" and "I wish we had a guy like Rodgers/Luck/RGIII/Brady/Eli/Peyton/Brees/Ryan....".
  7. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Here's the plan: Get rid of Romo and replace him with whatever scrub is available. Then, when we go 0-16 we get the 1st pick in the draft the following year and we can take the next great QB.

See how easy that was? In 2 years we will have our Andrew Luck or RG3 and be set for years to come. :D

Oh wait, I forgot, Jerry traded away our first pick that year for a WR. :rolleyes:
  8. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,716 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    Yup anyone of those guys would be nice. Or how about just the Tony Romo we saw against the Giants opening night? You know the one- made a mistake early, but rebounded and played smart football the rest of the way to win a big game on the road?? Doesn't have to be fancy, just stop making critical mistakes in key points of the game that only seem to happen to him and other mediocre QB's time after time.
  9. Vtwin

Vtwin Power and Performance

1,884 Messages
    51 Likes Received

You mean exactly like he did against Washington? Seizing the momentum and bringing his team back from the dead to within a TD in the second half?

Then watching the defense give up a heartbreaking, time consuming, lead extending drive to ice the game.
  10. Vtwin

Vtwin Power and Performance

1,884 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    Oh wait. Forget that.

I forgot Washington puposefully let the Cowboys back into the game by playing a "soft" defense once they built the lead...

LOL
  11. ufcrules1

6,664 Messages
    1,043 Likes Received
    Hmm.. he "brought his team back" back from what? His horrible play in the first 2 quarters? Romo threw 2 picks and was horrendous with his passes in the first half of the game. He helped put his team in the hole in the first place. It's nice he decided to show up finally in the 3rd quarter, but it was too little too late.. like usual.

Same thing happened when we played NY. He buried us and then tried to "Come back" and the Cowboys defense played an outstanding game against NY.