1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Brian Winters OG Kent St.

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by xwalker, Nov 30, 2012.

1. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,758 Messages
    5,911 Likes Received
    Has anyone watched him play? He plays LT (#66) for Kent State.

ESPN (Scouts Inc.) now has him rated as the 4th best OG.

I have not Tivo'd any Kent St. games. I had to search around youtube for some game footage.

He looks really quick.

I've seen different listings of his size. It's some where between 6-4, 302 and 6-5, 310.

I wish that I had the Kent St. vs Alabama game to see how he stacks up against the big boys.
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,754 Messages
    10,050 Likes Received
    He seems to be the David Arkin of this draft class. A top small school OT who has to kick inside to G in the NFL due to lacking athleticism. The question is - is he strong enough to handle it? Arkin hasn't been so far.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,676 Messages
    1,493 Likes Received
    Projects on the O Line is the last thing this team needs. If they really put their minds to it, they could easily nab two starters in the draft. This guy needs to be ready to go in 2013.
  4. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,758 Messages
    5,911 Likes Received
    I agree, they have plenty of projects.

I'm just trying to determine why they have him rated 4th.

I like to see as much game footage as possible before forming an opinion on a player.
  5. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,676 Messages
    1,493 Likes Received
    Brian Winters, OT, Kent State - #66, 6'6, 344
    The best NFL prospect in this game, Winters is a mauling offensive tackle prospect who attacks with his hands violently and through the whistle. He lacks ideal kick slide ability and lateral balance to be a left tackle prospect, Winters has shown ability to block upfield as a run blocker, extension and hand strength to protect in pass protection, and even the inside leverage with great lower body strength to protect the inside.

http://www.optimumscouting.com/draf...-illinois-vs-kent-state-scouting-preview.html
  6. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,676 Messages
    1,493 Likes Received
    The guy gets good push in the run game and has some pretty quick feet. looks like he would have to move inside at the next level.
  7. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,599 Messages
    360 Likes Received
    I've watched him a few times. That RB at Kent st is real fun to watch. As for winters, he is intriguing because he fan move and is great in space, but I would like to see what he does againstbthe pass, since they do a lot of crazy running plays. Also like to see him vs top talent. So I would pass right now as a top 5 OG.
  8. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

946 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    Is winters a sr? if so we will get to see how he does at the seniorbowl vs top talent.
  9. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,754 Messages
    10,050 Likes Received
    Yeah he's a senior and already has his invite to the Senior Bowl. He's one of the more interesting players to watch that week for me.
  10. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

946 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    With ya R S With the nice crop of sr olineman and dlineman I cant wait for the seniorbowl.
  11. BigWillie

BigWillie Well-Known Member

1,768 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    I don't know if I would consider any MAC school 'small'. Even more when a school like Kent State is a top 25 team right now and came within a hair of going to the Orange Bowl.

Pretty big difference between that and a FCS school.
  12. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,818 Messages
    639 Likes Received
    Its a huge School but the football program has just come on to its own lately.