1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Broaddus said team not interested in Janoris Jenkins

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dantheman41, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    But it isn't even "close to the draft" yet. We haven't even had the combine. Jerry definitely does some smokescreening when he starts talking about players a few weeks before the draft, but we're at least another month from that point.
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,676 Messages
    1,493 Likes Received
    Wont matter who you put back there if the pass rush doesnt improve. Also if a premium position guy gets kicked out of a "win at all costs" SEC school, it tells you alot.
  3. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    How he played in college tells me alot. He's just as talented a cover guy as Claiborne. He's the cream of the crop at CB in this draft, better than Kirkpatrick, Gilmore, Minnifield, Johnson, Boykins, or anyone else.
  4. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,950 Messages
    1,391 Likes Received
    I do happen to agree with you on the talent level here but on a personal note, if you were making this call, would you draft him over any of those guys given his off field issues?
  5. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,673 Messages
    1,018 Likes Received
    stop it
  6. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,673 Messages
    1,018 Likes Received
    Agreed
  7. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,860 Messages
    1,705 Likes Received
    didn't answer the question
  8. burmafrd

41,860 Messages
    1,705 Likes Received
    I keep asking for someone that we were seriously looking at drafting that had known drug concerns. No one wants to answer. The actual number is ZERO.
  9. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I certainly like him over most of those players, especially Minnifield.
  10. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    posturing maybe?
  11. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,762 Messages
    5,915 Likes Received
    I think you meant 83" not 73" for Calvin Johnson.

If Hosley's WS is 73" then it is on the low side for DBs at the senior bowl. If it is 83", then that is incredible for a 5'10" player.
  12. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    I may. I haven't looked into his background over the past year or two, or interviewed him, so i really don't have the information necessary to make that call. If i thought he had learned from his mistakes he made in collge, then hell yes i would draft him.

However, i was just pointing out to those doubting his talent level that he's as good as it gets in this draft.
  13. Tex

Tex Active Member

558 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Perhaps you have a reading comprehension problem. If they had no one that was a drug user rated highest on their board when they choose then it proves nothing. The only way your statement means anything is if you can name players the Cowboys passed up, that you know would of been the highest rated player on their board otherwise. Lack of opportunity does not prove anything.

The Cowboys also have not choose an OG in the first round in many years. Doesnt mean they wont this year if he is their highest rated player on the board at 14.

Tex
  14. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No, you're right, Hosley does not have a 83" wingspan. supercowboy8 is incorrect with that info.
  15. burmafrd

41,860 Messages
    1,705 Likes Received
    the only one with a comprehension problem is you. Jerruh does not touch anyone with a drug problem. Pac Man, Tank, etc were never into drugs. Show me someone we got close to that had a drug problem that was known. You will not be able to find one because it has never happened.
  16. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Burm.. come on now. You can't be serious with this man.
  17. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,313 Messages
    4,645 Likes Received
    Quincy Carter. Granted that was some years ago but you asked for one. Also we drafted Al Johnson who had a DUI iirc.
  18. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,730 Messages
    623 Likes Received
    Al Johnson was a known multiple DUI offender and he was drafted in the 2nd round.
  19. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Hell, when we were dominating the league in the 90's half the team was doing cocaine and smoking weed. To say Jerry has never tolerated drugs or any other kind of nonsense with players on this team is hilarious.
  20. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,014 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    I don't think anyone has made that claim. They're saying he hasn't over the last several years, presumably as a function of the weed and coke days of the 90s. And what we seem to have drudged up over the last ten years is one guy with one DUI.

This doesn't prove that Jerry won't touch guys who have dabbled in weed no matter what but it does show that he hasn't chosen them of late. That seems pretty clear. (And it certainly has nothing to do with the practicality and morality of weed prohibition in general, a point you and I agree on completely.)

He's not my guy but I'm not ruling out Jenkins getting selected by the Cowboys. I do think it's unlikely, at least for now.

On edit: one guy with one DUI and Quincy Carter. But Carter is going back several years as well.