1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Brooks Mock Draft 2012 V1

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by brooksey1, Apr 6, 2012.

1. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

1,057 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    The strategy is to fix the OL, and secondary first then work on the d-line. I believe we need another guard and a center. Getting this offense scoring 30+ points a game and keeping Romo healthy is priority #1. Next is to fix the secondary and although im hopeful i'm not sold on Brodney Pool. These two things alone have us competing for a SB. We also need a bigger body in the middle at NT as well. Im not opposed to taking Ta'mu in RD2 and G Brooks in the 4-5 if he grades out well or if they think Nate Livings is our man. We look at the strong side DE/OLB in the later rounds.

#14) Cordy Glenn G/T Georgia 6'5" 345 Romo needs to stay healthy and we need to slow down the Giants pass rush. If Decastro is there we take him but I think he is gone by 11. Cordy Glenn has elite size, a massive man with an 85’’ wingspan and good speed. Glenn is a dominating run blocker, had some issues at LT against the elite pass rushers pass but can play G/RT. Glenn will be a wrecking machine on the inside. Cordy can also backup Free, In fact he may take Doug’s position at RT if Free does not man up this year. Buffalo is looking at Glenn at 10 and ARZ loves Decastro at 11. If that’s the case weshould go Safety or CB. Alternates: Mark Barron, StephonGilmore

#45) Kevin Zeitler G/C, Wisconsin 6'5 315. Plays guard or moves to center and starts day 1. Zeitler is a very smart lineman who can play the zone blocking scheme and rarely makes a mistake. He doesn’t have a lot of upside because he plays like an pro now and is a very low risk pick. His combine workouts have been good and better than Konz. Recently he has been working with the centers. Alternate Picks: Harrison Smith S NotreDame, Alameda Ta’amu NT Wash

#81) Markelle Martin S, Oklahoma State 6'1", 210. The best coverage safety in the draft. Big Hitter, smart, plays with passion and a great leader. Can play FS (a true ball hawking centerfielder) and SS in the box. He breaks a lot of passes up but rarely intercepts , none the less he’s a great value if we can land him in the third round.. Alternate picks Trumaine Johnson CB/FS , Montana, Kelechi Osemele OG Iowa state

113) Josh Norman CB, Coastal Carolina 6'2 195 Very athletic corner with flexible hips. Has great size and soft hands for the int’s. He has upside to fill out his frame. Excelled against the bigger competition at the east-west shrine game. Alternate Brandon Brooks G, Miami OH

#133) Brandon Lindsey OLB, Pitt 6’2 260 Above average athlete who is explosive off the edge. A pass rushing specimen who has upside to fill out his frame. He plays extremely fast and with good coaching can improve his skill set and challenge Spencer for a job. Alternate pick: ILB Vontaze Burfict ( yes I would like to see him hit MichaelVick).

#152) David Molk C, Michigan 6’2 300 Attempted to break the all-time benchpress record at the combine . He fell short but still came in first with 44 reps, Molk is a short armed but very strong and athletic center. He has a lightning quick first step and uses leverage and balance to outmaneuver the big guys, he’s ideal for a zone blocking scheme. He’s a natural puller instead of a mauler and might need the help of Cordy Glenn to put Wilfork on his as* in the Super Bowl. Can be a starter in Garrett's offense. Alternate: Mike Brewster C, Ohio State [/i]

#186) Damon Harrison NT, William Penn 6'2", 350 big girthy nose with a “nose” for the football. Led William Penn in tackles and tackles for a loss in 2012. Can develop as a bull rusher, good snap awareness and can simply man handle opponents on contact. From a small school with high upside, for a NT he’s the best late round “Football Player” on the board beating out Baptiste, Kitchen and Fangupo. Alternate: Fangupo NT

222) George Bryan TE, NC State, 6'5, 267.
    Tall Thick tight end who is agood run blocker, stays low off the snap and explodes out of his stance. Good hands and can run the seam with a 4.8 40 time.. Alternate Kyle Fiedorowicz, NCC'
  2. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

8,841 Messages
    422 Likes Received
    Guard - guard = super duper fail
  3. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,122 Messages
    113 Likes Received
    Book it...DeCastro will be on the board longer than expected...unless someone is desperate for a RG.
  4. GloryDaysRBack

8,841 Messages
    422 Likes Received
    Yeah, longer than anyone on this board hopes..

He's not going 14th either
  5. brooksey1

1,057 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    Glenn can play G/T and Zeitler can Play G/C.
  6. pupulehaole

pupulehaole Well-Known Member

1,368 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    What else does your crystal ball tell you?
  7. GloryDaysRBack

8,841 Messages
    422 Likes Received
    Pm me and I'll share more
  8. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,367 Messages
    665 Likes Received
    Not feeling the Martin pick and doubt Norman there in the 4th.
  9. brooksey1

1,057 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    Martin could be a steal in the 3rd. Great cover safety who hits hard. He is under the radar with the pinched nerve in the knee and not working out for teams or at the combine. If healthy and I don't believe the injury is serious, he's a great pick.
  10. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

6,847 Messages
    176 Likes Received

Dallas has so many numbers stacked up on the Oline, two more in the first two selections is severely out manning the line to the point of redundance.

The Dallas Defense needs help generally across the board.
  11. GloryDaysRBack

8,841 Messages
    422 Likes Received
    Well said, home fries
  12. SilverStarCowboy

6,847 Messages
    176 Likes Received

lol thx .... sesame chicken
  13. brooksey1

1,057 Messages
    180 Likes Received

Were stacked on the o-line, with who? Tell that to the NY Giants. We picked up two journeymen guards and have Costa at Center. O-Line needs more improvement and so does the secondary. You can't have a shiny car with a bad engine and expect to put up 30 points per game or compete in the playoffs. We don't need a 4-3 DE or our 1st round pick on a strong side OLB in the 3-4 for pass rushing purposes. We need G, C, S, NT.
  14. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,577 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    George Bryan in the 7th would be a huge steal.
  15. SilverStarCowboy

6,847 Messages
    176 Likes Received

The numbers are stacked with players who'd be coveted by other clubs that you'd have to cut if we take two Olinemen.

Dallas has needed at NT for a Decade of 3/4 D. Yeah we need a Saftey too and could use players in the secondary as well as LB.
  16. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

6,747 Messages
    1,433 Likes Received
    give me:

1: Poe (i know this is not a board favorite)
    2: Silatolu/Zeitler
    3: Bruce Irvin
    4: OC from Houston
    4b: Best CB available
    5: Chris Rainey