1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bruce Arians disappointed in Jonathan Cooper

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by revospeed, Aug 3, 2014.

1. revospeed

revospeed Active Member

622 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    casmith07 likes this.
  2. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,685 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    I'm surprised I thought Cooper was a slam dunk as a future all-pro.
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,557 Messages
    2,429 Likes Received
    I'm happy with Freddy and Martin too.

Cooper is going to be great though.
    He's basically a rookie coming off a bad injury.
  4. Howboutdemcowboys31

Howboutdemcowboys31 Well-Known Member

1,162 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    Pretty interesting. I like Arians a lot, it's not often you hear a coach jump on a player, especially just in their second year. This needs to happen to more guys in the league some are just stealing money
  5. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

5,009 Messages
    1,422 Likes Received
    I thought he had done well in camp last year before the injury. I wonder what's up with him? I can't remember did he have work ethic questions coming out of college? Or maybe it's the Black cloud that people joke about when referring to players coming out of that school.
  6. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,685 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    No none of that. That is why I was convinced he was bulletproof, he scored high on the wonderlic, was well liked by everyone, had better athleticism than anyone outside of maybe a few LTs in the NFL.
  7. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,670 Messages
    3,187 Likes Received
    It sounds like someone took the winter/spring off.
  8. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,199 Messages
    2,038 Likes Received
    I am not real sure if this is really about Cooper or if this is more about Arians. The team is saying publicly that Arians isn't on the hot seat but there is a lot of lose talk that he is. He is trying to get both Cooper and Veldheer to play at a high level, both are coming off Season ending injuries, and I think Arians is trying to pressure them to perform. I mean, I understand it. His job is probably on the line because both of these guys are his moves. Drafting Cooper was Arian's call. Bringing in Valdheer as an FA was his call. It seems strange that the Coach of the Year in 2013 would be on the hotseat already but he was named Coach of the Year as an interim HC but who knows.

I think this is more about motivation then an actual statement on Cooper but we'll see.
  9. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,909 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    Heard last year Coop was doing great in tc, giving Calais quite a bit of trouble. Maybe he's just slow getting back into football shape? Gun shy from injury? He'll likely be just fine.
  10. revospeed

revospeed Active Member

622 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    Lots of talk about Arians being on the hot seat for for turning a 5-11 team to a 10-6 team? Who do the Cardinals think they'll get to replace him? The 10-6 year has bought him some time, especially considering the injuries to the defense.I find it more likely that Cooper just isn't playing that well as opposed to Arians thinking he's going to get fired so he arbitrarily calls out players.