1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

Bruce Carter back in starting lineup after benching; lesson learned and motivated to prove himself

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 11, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Everything is everything... Staff Member

69,462 Messages
    10,267 Likes Received
    According to a source, the Cowboys wanted to teach Carter a lesson for his lack of effort in a poor outing against the Chargers two weeks ago so they demoted him behind Ernie Sims in last Sunday's game against the Broncos.

Sims confirmed on Friday that Carter is back in the starting lineup at the weakside linebacker and in the nickel, though Sims will likely start at strongside linebacker for an injured Justin Durant against the Redskins.

Carter denies that he was giving less than 100 percent but acknowledges that he was thinking too much as continues to adjust to the new defensive scheme which prevented him from playing fast, thus making it look like he wasn't given great effort.

Read more here:
    http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...n-learned-and-motivated-to-prove-himself.html
  2. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,603 Messages
    1,738 Likes Received
    I know is high school these guys can get by strictly on athletic ability.

And probably to a large degree in college as well.

But in the NFL, there is a LOT for them to learn. No longer are they the dominant athlete like in high school and college.

He'll figure it out, .. he looks like he is going to be a good one.
    brymatt94 likes this.
  3. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

5,232 Messages
    1,681 Likes Received
    You bet he's going to start. He's our best run defender, and we are playing a running team!
    pjtoadie likes this.
  4. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,789 Messages
    1,151 Likes Received
    I'm willing to give the guy a second chance. He's too talented to give up on.
    tico likes this.
  5. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

3,338 Messages
    1,997 Likes Received
    I'm excited that Lee and Carterwill both be in on this game. I can recall wk 17 where they were both missed.
  6. KDM256

KDM256 Active Member

475 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Lets just hope he comes ready to play Sunday night.
  7. elcowboi

elcowboi Active Member

887 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    It seems like he has learned his lesson. Hopefully it translates to the field.
  8. tomsanders921

tomsanders921 Well-Known Member

1,076 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    I have to say he has been a HUGE disappoint so far this season. I am not saying he's terrible, but last year he was flat out balling before he got hurt.

he was getting better and better every week until he got hurt. This year has been a struggle
  9. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

7,541 Messages
    958 Likes Received
    LBs have to show up big Sunday night. Skins will likely want to feature Morris heavily in the run game.
  10. Common Sense

Common Sense Well-Known Member

1,673 Messages
    600 Likes Received
    I know we talk about older players being "progress stoppers," but what about older coaches with schemes that don't fit the players' abilities?
    john van brocklin likes this.
  11. bark

bark Well-Known Member

3,071 Messages
    1,732 Likes Received
    Get it done Bruce
  12. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

9,100 Messages
    587 Likes Received
    I wonder if bruce working at MLB and sean lee working at wlb would be better for our defense. Just thinking
    BAT likes this.
  13. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

8,384 Messages
    940 Likes Received
    Cowboys should not be so quick to return Carter to the WILL position if Dallas remains a 4-3 under. He needs to earn that position back. Play Carter at the SAM until he shows the requisite effort and play making. And he makes more sense playing SAM with his pass rushing ability, will cover bigger receivers instead of small shifty RBs, plus the run will come at him so he does not have to run and chase (seemingly a problem). Keep Sims at the WILL another week or two. His experience as a WILL in this defense allows him to play fast and should help Lee and Carter better acclimate. Constantly switching guys, even for cause, will disrupt continuity and more importantly, progress.

Besides, forgiving Carter so quickly sends the wrong message. Let him earn the coveted WILL position.

And Cowboys should be replacing the LBs with DBs when they go to the dime anyway so LB coverage issues should be minimized. Wait .... Cowboys do not have a dime package. o_O
    brooksey1 likes this.
  14. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,225 Messages
    1,639 Likes Received
    Does Claiborne get his job back?

*ducks*
  15. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Village Idiot

5,055 Messages
    2,725 Likes Received
    I thought this scheme was simpler for these guys. What gives?
  16. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,529 Messages
    631 Likes Received
    I believe the LB core will be ok, switching to this Tampa 2 scheme is going to be an adjustment.
  17. tico

tico Active Member

657 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    Come on Bruce get in there and create havoc..I want to see that guy who took over when Lee got hurt last year...
    jwitten82 likes this.
  18. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

4,534 Messages
    1,863 Likes Received
    this is a running team we are playing, thus, Carter has to be in there...I can see the trio accounting for something like 30 total tackles in this game
  19. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

26,593 Messages
    4,232 Likes Received
    Carter is ideal vs that Redskins offense.
    Not so much, yet, vs the Broncos.

Two entirely different animals
  20. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,665 Messages
    1,239 Likes Received
    Carter fits, it just hasn't "clicked" for him yet.