1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bruce "Hurricane" Carter

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Awakened, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Awakened

Awakened the Dude abides

772 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    read more carefully please
  2. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    No, we have power. We were missing it for about 4 days. There are people in NJ and NY who still don't have power though. (2 weeks is a long damn time not to have power) I really feel for those people. A co-worker of mine just got power back over the weekend.
  3. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

........THAT is an intriguing thought....:D

.....get him in the 2nd or 3rd and trade Felix for a 3rd or 4th...I could live with that easily
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,713 Messages
    5,243 Likes Received
    I was without power for 2 days and I felt like I was on one of those 'I Shouldn't Be Alive' shows.
  5. lane

lane The Chairman

10,382 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    i love carter so much i'm fixing to go rewatch the game on the dvr and strictly watch his highlights only.
  6. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    What area are you in? My wife and kids. I think they missed the Internet more than anything else. My biggest issue was thinking what happens when the hot water is gone!?!?! How am I going to take a shower, cause I damn sure not going to take an icy cold shower! :laugh2:
  7. lane

lane The Chairman

10,382 Messages
    339 Likes Received

no more lsu players...
  8. Risen Star

19,713 Messages
    5,243 Likes Received
    The Lehigh Valley area of Pa.

I got lucky. A lot of people had to wait 4 or 5 days or more.

Still, it put it in proper perspective how big of a wimp I am. My forefathers are disgusted by me.
  9. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

......and Lightning (LEE)....I'd pitch it, but Lee is hurt so gonna shelve it for now.
  10. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,472 Messages
    875 Likes Received
    We were without power last July for six days, when it was over 90 each day.

Could not escape the heat. It was awful. Each day got worse than the day before.

It impacted the way I began to think. No power, no fridge, no fan, no air con, no TV, no internet, no lights to read.

We take our electricity for granted in America.
  11. Risen Star

19,713 Messages
    5,243 Likes Received
    That we do. You wonder how the heck people lived without it.
  12. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,810 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    Carter has been good. He is not performing on that elite level that Lee has proven himself on but our ILBs are an exciting duo with Carter and Lee. Hopefully playing next to each other for the next decade. Might be too expensive to keep both though, both will be looking at huge money deals soon.
  13. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    What makes carter not elite? If the answer is turnovers that is just around the corner and it's the only reasonable answer.
  14. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

10,995 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    Man if we get Chris Faulk in the second round I may run out the house and do cartwheels for half a mile. He would be huge steal... And this just might happen.
  15. Joshmvii

Joshmvii Cowboys baby!

2,642 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Bruce Carter is a tackler like nobody we've had for a while, and that's my favorite thing about him. He also has pretty phenomenal speed and run anticipation which is great too, but the way he tackles is just so good. Too many guys on the Cowboys try to anticipate a guy's next move and hesitate going in. Carter just grabs the guy and uses his whole body and momentum to take them down. Few guys can stop a 230 pound running back's momentum the way he does.

To be honest, he's playing as well as Lee was the beginning of this year right now. Every good run play I've seen against us the last couple weeks was right at Sims who overran the play. They can't run towards Carter at all.
  16. Risen Star

19,713 Messages
    5,243 Likes Received
    I think offenses right now aren't prepared for Carter's speed. They haven't seen it. We're just seeing it ourselves.

You see plays that are well designed and should get some positive yards but he just closes way too quick.

One other thing that should be noted. Frank Coyle of Draft Insiders Digest, a guy who's been doing this stuff for well over 25 years, called Carter the best punt blocker he's ever scouted. I believe he blocked one last year. He almost got one in that Eagles game. I expect him to get there again before too long.

So he's an impact defensive and special teams player.
  17. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,603 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Well its not the first time, Canty was drafted while injured and that ended up working out well for us too. Should go to show that people shouldn't judge young talent real early, or they could look foolish.

It really depends on the injury these days, cause alot of players can bounce back from them especially if they have alot of talent. As for us doing it again in the draft, why not, no reason to be scared to do it at this point.