1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: BTB: A Highly Speculative Look At Free Agency For The Dallas Cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Mar 11, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012...ncer-laurent-robinson-carl-nicks-brandon-carr
    by Tom Ryle on Mar 11, 2012 8:00 AM CDT in Dallas Cowboys 2012 Free Agents

Twas' the weekend before free agency, and all through the NFL, fans dreamt of high impact free agent signings. After all the waiting and discussion, there are only a few hours remaining until teams can actually start signing free agents to contracts (technically, that is when they can start negotiating, but we all know that deals are often worked out under the table well before then).

We all have our own ideas of what we would like to see happen, just like we have certain draft prospects we prefer. But free agency is a much more fluid and unpredictable thing. Teams can go big or go home in free agency, depending on things like team needs, cap space, and what they are looking forward to in the draft. As we saw last year in the Nmadi Asomugha debacle, even the teams themselves aren't always sure what is really happening.
  2. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,376 Messages
    569 Likes Received
    Good read. I hope it goes down that way.
  3. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received

would be nice.....
  4. Hussein

Hussein Member

131 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Sign me up for that right now.
  5. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,647 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    I'd be happy with this outcome but I want and we need Mario Williams real bad.
  6. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,263 Messages
    222 Likes Received
    Nicks, Carr, and Robinson...unlikely, but I would be thrilled even if not another FA was signed...would really help us in the draft.
  7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,880 Messages
    7,279 Likes Received
    He's basically regurgitating a hundred other FA plans written in the last month.
  8. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,346 Messages
    1,654 Likes Received
    Yea, but the guy also mentions some "intelligent drafting" in his article . . . . . . . .
  9. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,166 Messages
    1,138 Likes Received
    I still think Nicks winds up in Washington along with Vincent Jackson. They got huge money to spend and seats to fill. Hope I'm wrong about Nicks.