1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

BTB: Averaging The Mocks: Dallas Cowboys Take Luke Kuechly

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Feb 15, 2012.

1. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

3,266 Messages
    603 Likes Received
    I could live with it. The linebackers are the heart and soul of the 3-4 so if he's the best player available then you take him and find a way to put him on the field.
  2. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,032 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    It's a possibility. Bruce and Spencer are both the same height (6'3"), and yahoo sports has Spencer listed as 257 lbs while Carter is 246. I don't know how much more Carter can gain, but 250 would seem ideal. We all know he can drop into coverage and make plays against the run. The biggest question however would be his pass rushing skills.
  3. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,014 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    Modified BPA (BPA minus QB and a couple other positions we're good at). If Kuechly happens to be that guy, take him. To me, there's no way Kuechly is that guy if DeCastro is on the board but I'm not convinced DeCastro will still be around.

Good drafting strategy is built on year in and year out finding the special guys and grabbing them, for the most part regardless of where they play. It doesn't matter what we needed when we grabbed Ware or Witten or Smith or Murray or Lee or Jenkins -- what matters is we got the right guy.