1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: BTB:Cowboys Tidbits: It Really Is Redskins Week, You're Just Going To Have To Trust M

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Nov 16, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011...lly-is-redskins-week-youre-just-going-to-have
    by KD Drummond on Nov 16, 2011 3:30 PM CST in Dallas Cowboys News

[IMG]
    DC stands for Dallas Cowboys.

As most of our readers know, I live in the Washington, DC metro area, so I feel I have a bit of perspective on the pulse of Redskins fans. I've grown up here, and know no other existence than being bombarded with hatred of my favorite team. I revel in it. While it probably says just as much about me that, at an early age, I aligned myself with "the villains", I wear those threads with a badge of honor. Literally, in fact, as people that follow my personal Twitter account as well as the BTB one, know very well. I've tweeted pics of my jersey with its derogatory Redskins message on a couple of occasions. All of this background is leading up to the question I asked myself recently... where the heck have the Redskins fans gone?

Normally during Redskins Week, my fandom is playfully assaulted every where I go. When I step out of my house, neighbors talk trash, warning me of the impending doom the Cowboys face. When I drive down Maryland Route 202 or Georgia Avenue, NW DC with Cowboys flags flying from both rear windows, I normally get honked at or disgruntled looks and comments at stop lights and signs. This normally happens regardless of the current state of the Redskins. It happened during the Spurrier era, Gibbs 2.0, and even the Zorn debacle. This week? Nothing. Redskins fans are exuding zero swagger.