1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: BTB: Dallas Cowboys News & Notes: Dez Bryant Impressed With Terrance Williams, Injury Updates,...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Aug 20, 2013.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

29,699 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    Dez Sees Big Week Coming For Williams - Rowan Kavner, DallasCowboys.com
    Bryant said Williams demonstrated the explosiveness he can bring to an offense on Saturday.

"He didn’t really look too nervous to me, it was just probably a little bit too excited," Bryant said. "But he’s going to find his way. We all do. I’m pretty sure he’s going to go off this week."

Phillip Tanner: 'I'm a company guy' - Tim MacMahon, ESPN Dallas
    Tanner offers some very nice soundbites on his approach to the game and to not having played on Saturday:

"I wasn’t really all into, ‘Why didn’t I play?’" Tanner said. "It was a coach’s decision. They tell me J-Ran is going in and I say, ‘Yessir, coach.’ I’m a company guy."

"My job is, when they say, ’34, go in,’ go in and do it to the best of my ability."

"I always tell my kids about the dinosaurs all the time," Tanner said. "People say they were the biggest and baddest, but they couldn’t adapt. If you can’t adapt to change, you see what happened to the dinosaurs. So that’s just my mindset, being able to adapt to whatever the situation is."

"It’s always disappointing not being able to go out there and do what you love to do, but it’s the coaches’ decision, so I’m just adapting to the situation. Whatever they need me to do, whatever role they need me to fill in, I’m going to do it and I’m going to do it well."

Continue reading...
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2013
    Duane likes this.
  2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,489 Messages
    153 Likes Received
    I've always liked Tanner but wonder where he fits on the team this year.
  3. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,764 Messages
    1,967 Likes Received

Well if they keep 4 guys i'd imagine Randle won't be active on game day because of Tanners ability to play Special Teams.
  4. Staubacher

Staubacher Well-Known Member

2,013 Messages
    1,668 Likes Received
    Tanner seems like a real quality person. Impressed by how he teaches his kids life lessons
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,629 Messages
    6,393 Likes Received
    I really, really like that dude, too. And these quotes just make me like him more. I'm going to steal his dinosaur bit.

I was disappointed in his play last season, because I thought he did everything you could ask of him as a rookie. But this season, he back to running hard and getting that last yard. He plays well in pass protection, has a fantastic attitude, and he's got that viscous spin-move that's fun to watch in preseason.
  6. Iago33

Iago33 Well-Known Member

1,448 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    I'm trying to picture a viscous spin move. Stuff flying off in all directions.

I love Tanner's attitude. I wish he weren't so limited as a runner. He tries hard, but he doesn't have the vision to be great.
    jrumann59 likes this.
  7. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,683 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    Tanner should be #2 IMO.
  8. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,908 Messages
    753 Likes Received
    My issue with Tanner is inconsistancy. In the HOF game, he reminded me of Emmit Smith the way he hit the hole, bounced off hits, and maintained great balance. In other games, he looks like Julius Jones running straight into the back of his OL and not getting much further.
  9. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

4,025 Messages
    328 Likes Received
    see devil, tasmanian: Made famous by the warner brothers "Taz" :D
  10. JPostSam

JPostSam Well-Known Member

1,005 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    he doesn't have to be great. he has to be valuable. if he can run hard for 5 or 6 carries per game and take some of the sting out of defenses, that's valuable.

same for dunbar. if he can make the defense whiff a few times each game, that's valuable.

(i see randle getting experience in mop-up situations this year.)

not everyone has one running back who can do everything well, 60 or 70 snaps per game.
    robjgrif likes this.