1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

BTB:Defensive End Tyrone Crawford, A Review From Someone Who Watched His Games

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 28, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Cowboys Draft 2012: Defensive End Tyrone Crawford, A Review From Someone Who Watched His Games
    http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012...-end-tyrone-crawford-review-from-games-played
    by Brandon Worley on Apr 28, 2012 1:00 AM CDT in Dallas Cowboys 2012 Draft
    Tyrone Crawford...just how much of a project is he?
    [IMG]

The Dallas Cowboys addressed a position of need on Friday night, selecting DE Tyrone Crawford from Boise State in the third round. I can already sense that this is going to be another classic case of fans and the media being divided over this pick, especially with not many people even knowing who Crawford was until his name was called. As a college football fan who watched more Boise State games than I'd like to admit, this was one of the few picks that have actually made me pump my fist in celebration.

I understand why fans are a bit confused and upset with the pick, especially considering the nature and wording of some of a few of the scouting reports out there. Crawford was just a one-year starter and was a transfer from junior college before his junior season and played in a conference where he didn't face the best OTs that the NCAA has to offer. There's been some talk that he's a "project" and the concern is that he'll take more than a few years to start to actually produce on the field for the Cowboys. With the Cowboys needing productive players now, fans want someone who can have an impact sooner than later.

As someone who watched nearly all of Crawford's games last season and watched his performances at the scouting combine and East-West game, I can't help but be pleased and excited about what the potential of Crawford means for the Cowboys.
  2. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,185 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    Good write up on a good player.

Those same fans wanted Bruce Irvin who couldn't start for WVA.
  3. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,648 Messages
    4,201 Likes Received
    The thought that always comes to mind when I watch Boise State players is, "well coached". I have similiar thoughts when watching Alabama. I don't even know who their coaches are, but they are definitely doing something right, IMO.