1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: BTB Interview Part I: DeMarcus Ware Talks Wade Phillips And Jason Garrett

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 9, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,130 Messages
    6,909 Likes Received
    by Dave Halprin on Nov 9, 2010 1:31 PM CST in Dallas Cowboys Interviews

DeMarcus Ware was promoting FedEx Office launching its annual Pack and Ship with the Pros program today. They're "hiring" NFL players to work at a Fed Ex office for a few hours, and DeMarcus did his stint today. "Instead of pass rushing, I'll be packing and shipping with the pros at FedEx Office," said Dallas linebacker DeMarcus Ware. "I'll have some fun with my fans in a new environment, while learning how to package up some of those special holiday gifts." Fed Ex is giving you the chance to win season tickets and other items, here.

After putting in his hours, I was able to talk to DeMarcus for a little bit, and present the following two-part interview. Part I is below, Part II will be coming later today.

Blogging The Boys: How did you find out about Wade Phillips being fired?
    DeMarcus Ware: I came to work early and then I went to get some lunch and I heard about it over the radio.

BTB: What was your initial reaction?
    DW: I was shocked, thought we were going to finish the season, at least let him get through the whole season, but obviously were not playing good enough and Jerry Jones thought we needed a change.

BTB: Some media reports say the defensive players hardly know Jason Garrett. Would you say that's accurate? What about your own experiences?
    DW: You know what, I just go by what I know. The offense and defense, we're a team, but we meet separately, so I don't really know what he's like in the meeting room. From me just knowing him, he's a great guy, and a good coach, so that's who we roll with and keep pushing forward.

Read more: http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2010...i-demarcus-ware-talks-wade-phillips-and-jason