1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

News: BTB:It's Getting Very Hard Not To Like What Garrett Is Doing With The Cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Aug 18, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,173 Messages
    178 Likes Received
    It's Getting Very Hard Not To Like What Garrett Is Doing With The Cowboys
    http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011...n-garrett-new-culture-training-camp-practices
    by One.Cool.Customer on Aug 18, 2011 3:25 PM CDT in Dallas Cowboys General

[​IMG]

I am finding it more and more difficult not to like what Garrett is doing with the Cowboys.

When he was initially announced as the interim head coach, what I liked most about Garrett was simply his "Non-Wadeness". But then he went on and managed a 5-3 record. Okay, that wasn't exactly earth shattering, but still a lot better than the 1-7 record before.

I fell hard for his organizational mantras like The Cowboy Way or The Right Kind of Guy. I learned to like the draft picks. More recently, all the little things Garrett is doing to affect a cultural change have resonated strongly with me. There's no question that it's my job as a fan to like all these things, but even when I step back and take a slightly more critical view, it's hard not to like what I see.

2. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have no predictions to how well Garrett will do with the Cowboys. However, I'm buying what he's selling at this point.

Just listening to him you can tell he's got a distinct vision of what he wants to do and is resolute in how he wants things done.

That's a far cry from Wade's "gosh, I'm just glad you fellas like me" approach.