1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: BTB: Jason Garrett's Post-Mini-Camp State Of The Cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,769 Likes Received
    I would love for Jason to be here well beyond but for that to happen this team needs to win. He has held the postion of HC for 3 full season and in the last year of the deal if he can't get them over the top then he needs to be let go but again I hope that is not the case
  2. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,408 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    If the manner in which Garrett gives his speeches pleases you, I'm glad to hear your content with it. I'm merely being candid by saying it bores me to no end to hear the same old tired phrases being repeated like a mantra each and every time he opens his mouth. It's certainly not a team problem but rather than that, it's merely a personal feeling that causes me to express my distaste for his approach to speaking and nothing more. I never suggested it's a problem to the team -- but it does annoy me. No biggie.

I feel confident that I'm entitled to my personal preferences just like you are to yours. Let me assure you, I have no personal agenda like many do on this forum who'd love to rid this team of Garrett. I have supported him as a coach despite his on field limitations in the past. If he can somehow manage a reasonable measure of success this year, he'll continue to have my support. I say this largely because Jerry apparently needs him around to counteract his long-standing incompetence as a GM.

Just don't expect me to feel guilty for my personal preferences being what they are . . . we all have them. I'm perfectly willing to endure his speech patterns if he'll somehow find a way to pull this team out of the muck at some point in the not-too-distant future. There'll be no apology forthcoming here for my expressing a personal bugaboo. It's nowhere close to being a big deal, imho.
  3. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,408 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    My reference to doing himself a favor has to do with his appeal to a public who has to listen to him restate the same old tired phrases each time he speaks. It's not anything that causes me to want to see him ousted but merely something that becomes irritating to those subjected to hearing it repeated as though they're too dense to retain it. Like I said, he says the right things but constant repetition isn't pleasing to those hearing the same old worn-out phrases ad infinitum. I like him as a coach who seems to make up for Jerry's managerial limitations but I've gotta admit, it's a bit tough withstanding him as a speaker -- bless his heart.
  4. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    He said it was a three year plan. How many more years will it take for him complete his three year plan?
    tantrix1969 and BigStar like this.
  5. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,601 Messages
    5,512 Likes Received
    With any luck we won't get killed by injuries this year and find some success in the post season.
    CrownCowboy likes this.
  6. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,956 Messages
    1,520 Likes Received
    I see a Garrett presser coming on and I think of the big muppett breaking through the wall of the house in the commercial and yelling "BORING".....
  7. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,844 Messages
    2,328 Likes Received
    Garrett would win the championship of the National Press Conference League, what is he doing wasting his talents in the National Football League?
  8. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

6,165 Messages
    1,417 Likes Received

Reading is fundamental ;)
  9. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,468 Messages
    838 Likes Received
    He is a pretty good talker
  10. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,751 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    He's good with keeping the media in the dark.

In the maelstrom which is Dallas he does well with his same old, same old and the snooze fest his pressers are.

Couldn't ask for better from a coach in this specific regard.
    Idgit likes this.