1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: BTB: Jerry Jones Willing To Make Some Hard Choices – Just Not Now

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by MichaelWinicki, Nov 1, 2010.

1. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

34,158 Messages
    4,239 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones Willing To Make Some Hard Choices – Just Not Now

One.Cool.Customer on Nov 1, 2010 8:49 AM CDT in Dallas

The Cowboys‘ 1-6 start is the worst start through seven games since 1989, a season that famously ended 1-15. This has left Jerry Jones suitably embarrassed.

"I'm embarrassed. Of course I am. And to every fan, I should have and do take the ultimate, ultimate responsibility. I do. That's the way we're structured. That's the way I run it. There's no question that I have the plan and executing it to have the best players and the best coaching that we can have. I'm dumbfounded that we are 1-6. You couldn't get me to say it, but you know that I thought we had a team here that could be one of the top competitive teams in the NFL."

He’s right to be embarrassed and right to be dumbfounded. After all, this was a team that returned 20 of 22 starters from last season’s 11-5 campaign, and started training camp as a 6-1 favorite to win the Super Bowl. Those odds had jumped to 40-1 after the beatdown by the Giants, and after the Cowboys woke up from their little sleepwalking episode against the mighty, mighty Jaguars, the odds were an even 100-1.

Jones went on to say: "I'm very, very, very sorry to our fans. You should have better than this. You can tell by the way some of the things that we've done to certainly make the Cowboys everything you want them to be, you should be able to tell that I won't rest until we've figured some things out that get us in a different spot. What it is, I don't have that."

For more... http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2010...make-some-hard-choices-just-not-now#storyjump
  2. jasonwitten82

jasonwitten82 Member

320 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jerry has already made his money for this year, thats all he cares about:bang2:
  3. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,438 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    Jerry has enough money, he wants a championship. Especially this year with the SB in his house.

Say what you want about Jerry, you can't say he doesn't want to win.
  4. NOVA Cowboy

NOVA Cowboy Member

56 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes him wanting to win is undeniable. However, he wants to do it on his terms. He wants to hire the head coach, THE COACHES STAFF:eek: , and pick the players. So that way at the end he can say "Look what I did!"
  5. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Yep, someone said it best the other day. Jerry would rather take the blame for losing than see someone else take the credit for winning.
  6. DallasGirl50

DallasGirl50 New Member

2,025 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So basically he's saying he'll fix the problems but he's just not sure how.

That's like saying water is wet. Talk about stating the obvious.

I don't think anything will change. They'll have these little "OMG I can't believe how bad we are. We are going to do something."

Jerry is clueless. He truly is.
  7. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,292 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    all you Jerry Jones experts, are too funny
  8. Cowboys79

Cowboys79 Member

115 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The one thing about JJ is he wants to win every game and for that I give him credit. He may go about things the wrong way but he is a die hard fan as well as the owner.
  9. ykc

ykc Active Member

603 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Well there is also a difference between wanting to win (don't all 32 owners want to win) and doing the right things to win. He did 2 right things in 21 years, hiring Jimmy Johnson and hiring Parcells. The rest of the decisions he made are questionable
  10. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    On the nosey.
  11. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I should have and do take the ultimate, ultimate responsibility. I do.

People who take the "ultimate, ultimate responsibility" are ready to pay the "ultimate, ultimate price"

Is Jerry firing himself as GM any time soon?

More snake oil sales from the king of double talk.

Now, since he's run out of BS excuses, he has even taken to apologizing which is almost pitiful. He'll do anything but embrace the obvious. That is, hire a real GM, step aside and be an owner who allows football people to run things.

Reminds me of the Parcells quote I just read about how a few years after his leaving, the organization would look like he had never been there. I truly couldn't stomach the Cowboys version of Parcells but he did restore some football sanity to the organization.

Those days are long gone...we're back to the Dave Campo years.