1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

News: BTB: (Re)building Bridges: The Scandrick and Sensabaugh Contracts

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Jan 10, 2012.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

18,175 Messages
    1,929 Likes Received
    (Re)building Bridges: The Scandrick and Sensabaugh Contracts
    by rabblerousr

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012...andrick-gerald-sensabaugh-contracts#storyjump

The contract extensions given out to Orlando Scandrick and Gerald Sensabaugh during the 2011 season have been decried by fans and media pundits alike, especially in the face of the Dallas secondary's decline over the latter part of the season. Certainly, there is ample reason for skepticism and dismay: neither Scandrick nor Sensabaugh acquitted himself particularly well over the last six weeks of the 2011 campaign.

This leaves us asking: why did the Cowboys front office dole out these contracts? Are they, as many have suggested, daft? Stupid? Myopic? Perhaps, but I think that's beside the point. The reality is that they had their hands tied. Let's begin by taking a look at all the players on the 2011 roster who are scheduled to be unrestricted free agents at the end of the season...
  2. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,603 Messages
    186 Likes Received
    Though the story doesn't give contract details my hunch was that it was structured to where we could cut them loose if need be as the story suggests. I agree that they very likely NEED to be part of the roster in 2012. After that, we shall see.