1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: BTB: Rod Marinelli Best Defensive Coordinator According To Charles Tillman

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by NewsBot, Jan 31, 2014.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

25,221 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    Rod Marinelli takes over the defense and gets a huge endorsement from one of his former players.

Did you guys see this quote from Chicago Bears cornerback Charles Tillman?

(On Rod Marinelli) Charles Tillman: I wish he was still in Chicago. I would love to play for Rod again. Bar none, the best coach I've ever played for. He's helped me elevate my game. Rod is the best coach in the league, the best defensive coordinator in the game right now - Rod Marinelli. I love that guy. He's just an awesome coach, an awesome person and an awesome man. When you guys (Dallas) played us this year, I was looking for him on the sideline, I couldn't wait to give him a hug. When he stepped in the room, he commanded your attention. I miss him.

Well, that sure is high praise from one of Marinelli's former players. Usually current players might praise an old coach, but they generally don't say they're better than any coach they have played for, in this case that would include the Chicago Bears current staff. Okay, technically Tillman is a free agent, so he's not a Bear, but he's indicated that he would like to return, so he might have those coaches again.

Anyway, I was already a little fired up about Marinelli taking over, now Tillman has really got me excited. If the Cowboys can stay away from the injury bug in 2014, and draft a few guys who can play along the defensive line, this defense stands a chance in 2014. Do you agree?

[IMG]
    More from Blogging The Boys
    Follow @BloggingTheBoys Follow @SBNationNFL

Continue reading...
    Duane, Bleu Star, Titleist and 2 others like this.
  2. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

35,903 Messages
    3,047 Likes Received
    Well, at least one guy likes Coach M.
  3. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,502 Messages
    181 Likes Received
    Here's a question for everyone. Would anyone be opposed to bringing in Tillman and putting Carr at safety ? Then going front 7 in draft
    Floaty likes this.
  4. TrailBlazer

TrailBlazer Well-Known Member

1,453 Messages
    543 Likes Received
    Not even marinelli can turn this defense around. We need a big influx of talent on the defensive front seven and probably one good safety. If we don't find 3 new starters this offseason through draft and FA, marinelli wont have much to work with.
    BigStar likes this.
  5. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,666 Messages
    2,392 Likes Received
    Tillman angling for one of those huge Jerry contracts...
    mcompact, guag, Duane and 4 others like this.
  6. TrailBlazer

TrailBlazer Well-Known Member

1,453 Messages
    543 Likes Received
    If Carr could do it. It'd be awesome. Tillman is one of the best.
    Blast From The Past likes this.
  7. alicetooljam

alicetooljam Active Member

478 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    Tillmans 31, I was wondering if HE wants to play FS...
    BigStar likes this.
  8. jobberone

35,903 Messages
    3,047 Likes Received
    I'm not certain we have that kind of cap room.
  9. alicetooljam

alicetooljam Active Member

478 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    Actually hes 32,...33 next month...
  10. NJ22

NJ22 Well-Known Member

1,101 Messages
    862 Likes Received
    Honestly i have yet to hear a player who had him as a DC or line coach say a bad word about him.
    brymatt94 and jobberone like this.
  11. NJ22

NJ22 Well-Known Member

1,101 Messages
    862 Likes Received
    We havent had a playmaker like Tillman on this team in a long time. Maybe Roy Will before destiny's child castrated him...
  12. jobberone

35,903 Messages
    3,047 Likes Received
    Well, I'm betting someone somewhere does but I hear the same. I think he did an incredible job with the DL this year.
    Blast From The Past likes this.
  13. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,312 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    Count me in as well, I love Coach M.
    brymatt94, mcompact and jobberone like this.
  14. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,252 Messages
    254 Likes Received
    I pray Jerry can resist the urge. Obviously Peanut has been a fantastic player for a long time, but he's on the wrong side of 30 for this rebuilding team!
    BigStar likes this.
  15. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,252 Messages
    254 Likes Received
    Great signature, it's funny, accurate, and one of the only movies that ever actually scared me... :eek:
    Rogerthat12 likes this.
  16. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,200 Messages
    766 Likes Received
    I think they would have to dump Carr and his salary if they wanted Tillman at CB over him. Carr might can play FS but he's not a 10 million a year FS.
  17. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,322 Messages
    528 Likes Received
    No, we need health more than anything. I still don't understand why some in here forget about the massive injuries along our front 7; especially the losses of Spencer, Ratliff, Crawford, Bass, Lee (again), Holloman for a bit, and a dinged up Ware and Hatch for a couple games. We lost starters and our main depth. But oh well. Out of sight, out of mind.
    jazzcat22 likes this.
  18. hutch1254

hutch1254 Well-Known Member

1,417 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    Having Tillman on the team would not bother me at all. The guy makes plays and create turnovers. He should open his own clinic on he generates turnovers. However, it has to be at the right price because again, I'm not interested in dropping large money on 32 years and up on guys like Hatcher and such.
    alicetooljam and Aven8 like this.
  19. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,990 Messages
    435 Likes Received
    Marinelli is one of the best in the business no shock there... The problem is Dallas must find the right pieces to run his 4-3 scheme.
    brymatt94 likes this.
  20. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

3,087 Messages
    586 Likes Received
    Every. Single. Year.

Let's move X Cb to FS... Like this happens all the time all over the NFL and is wildly successful. CB and FS take two dramatically different approaches to the game. Particularly when one is a press cover corner who likes to play on the LOS.
    brymatt94, jazzcat22 and REDVOLUTION like this.