1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

BTB: Tony Romo's Slump: Film Don't Lie

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Nov 14, 2013.

1. lostar2009

lostar2009 Well-Known Member

1,003 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    Dude Romo did get that chance but he threw a pic. The same deal with Redskins, he got the ball back then threw a pic. Also ints are odd occurrences for Brady. Also reference Romo with Brady is a pure insult. Brady levels above Romo even in his decline.
  2. TrailBlazer

TrailBlazer Well-Known Member

2,562 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    I agree with most all that except my view of those guys isn't warped. Highly touted Rookies just don't struggle as much in this pass happy era. It's not a coincidence Andrew luck Russell Wilson and Robert griffin III all had record years in regards to TD to INT ratio for a rookie qb. It's not crazy to think we could hit on a qb in the first round and he's starting for us in his second year. In the meantime we start reloading the trenches on both side of the ball. Get a new offense that is innovative, qb friendly and utilizes weapons. We could be competitive again.
    ufcrules1 and dstovall5 like this.
  3. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,862 Messages
    1,847 Likes Received
    Let me rephrase that for you, JIM HARBAUGH didn't think Alex Smith was a "Franchise QB", that's why he dumped him when he had the chance. You don't move on from franchise QBs just because they're injured, but they did anyway. So what does that tell us? Their HC didn't think he was their future.

When a QB is one of best available options out there, he tends to get above market value because teams are desperate and will over spend. Matt Cassel was not a franchise QB, KC just got desperate and prayed he panned out - he didn't. KC overall's record was terrible, yes, but if you knew anything about KC you'd know they had very good individual players and sent one of the most players to the pro bowl that year, even with the 2-14 record. So if you're going to question someone else, at least know your stuff, Geez.

Read what I said above about Cassel. They got desperate and overpaid for one of the best available options (believed to be), and they only gave him 10 million guaranteed. So no, they didn't view him as a franchise QB they just got desperate and were trying to find a QB, especially since they had a pretty darn solid team(except QB). Also, if they really perceived him to be a "Franchise QB", then a 3rd round rookie wouldn't of took the starting job away from him before he even played a game. That SHOULD tell you something.

I'm talking Football here, I'm not sure what you're talking about, though it seemed like a lot of gibberish to me. I don't know why you're asking questions either, especially on a subject where you're really not that intelligent on.

See, I can throw jabs as well just like your petty comment. "What are you 16 years old or something", Ouch! That stung! You got me! Gotta love the irony here. :D
  4. dstovall5

2,862 Messages
    1,847 Likes Received
    Trust me man, if we draft a QB, I sure as heck hope you're right. That would be awesome if we're able to get a guy just like those QBs you mentioned, I know I sure as heck wouldn't complain. Hopefully our management really works some magic though, because wasted picks looking for a QB can ruin a franchise for a long time.
  5. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,502 Messages
    2,912 Likes Received
    500 yards and 5 TDs with 1 INT and he cant play anymore.......................do you guys seriously believe this crap?
  6. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    You mean you can't praise Romo for performing in a sucky system? And how can you not use an example of an NFL QB in a Garrett system that has 24-27 extra chances to score than Romo and still scores around the same TD average as him?
  7. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,535 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    I know, that what im trynna tell dude. The offense is playing poorly and its on everybody in the offense. You cant put it all on Garrett and the system....
  8. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,535 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    Dude, ok, first drop San Fran cause youre obviously dead wrong on that one. Dont even mention it again. You dont draft some one 1 over all and not expect for him to be the guy. Theres no way you can even argue that point. That team was horrible and it didnt get better till Harbaugh came in. By then they had been bad for so long they were able to stock pile talent. Same with the Chiefs. But in both situations they thought they had the franchise guy. Smith was coming off a great college career, and was draftes over Aaron Rodgers and Matt Cassel lead the NE to a 10-6 record before he got his money. The Chief gave him 50 mill and traded a second round pick for the guy and your saying that they prayed would pan out.

And dont tell me you know your stuff, what ever that means, and write paragraphs about exactly what the Chiefs were thinking during this time period like your scott pioli or something.

Fact of the matter (notice i said fact, not a bunch of BS conjecture about what i think a group of people where thinking 6 years ago) The cheifs traded high draft pick and gave a guy 50 mill to be the guy. The niners drafted Alex Smith first overall to be the guy.
  9. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,535 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    Because the qb u used suck. I cant insert Kyle Boler in a system and say look, this system suck, Maybe Kyle Boiler sucks. Maybe Tony isnt as good as he use to be that why the offense kinda suck now and that why he put up simulacra numbers as another QB who sucked. Its outliers that your absolutely ignoring behind blind faith in a guy.
  10. dstovall5

2,862 Messages
    1,847 Likes Received
    You're just proving my point even more with this SF stuff. I said you should develop a good supporting cast first, THEN go for a QB. SF tried it both ways, and it worked for them better when they had the supporting cast already in place. Like you said, they were terrible and drafted Smith for the first overall pick previously. When Harbaugh signed with the 49ers in the 2011, he seen Alex Smith wasn't a darn "Franchise QB", that's why in the next year's draft he drafted Kaepernick 2nd round. Notice I said "JIM HARBAUGH" in my previous post ...

I wouldn't exactly call being mediocre "stock piling talent", if that's the case then just about every team in the NFL "stock piles talent".

So going with your logic Carson Palmer at age 30 is a "Franchise QB" ? No, If a QB is the best available thing in the market, he'll get overpaid up the *** for.

Wow, you're very incompetent. You're PROVING my original point for me! It failed miserably the first time for them when they tried drafting a QB with no surrounding help. I said we need build a supporting cast as to how SF did. Meaning, how they did recently with Kaepernick, not Alex freaking Smith who was drafted 8 years ago. When Harbaugh came in, they had a solid running game and an actual defense, aka a good supporting cast. He then drafted Kaepernick AFTER they already had a good supporting cast in place.
  11. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,535 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    Sf didn't try it both ways. They went to the NFC championship with Alex Smith. And the chiefs are undefeated with they guy... Your contradicting yourself by saying Alex Smith was the 9ers mistake but the chiefs franchise guy. He can't be both.

The niners drafted smith, bult a supporting cast around him. Had a lot of misses, ( unfortunately including a family member of mine) then finally found the right coach for that squad. When they did that, they won.

Chiefs thought they had that with Cassel, but obviously was wrong.
  12. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

3,233 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    Will he live on that one game forever?

This is the same crap I got from 2deep in the summer of 2000, when I told everybody on the rival forum that Troy Aikman was washed up... How could he be washed up? Did you see him opening day in 99 against the redskins? Sure did! He was great! Did you see him vs. the colts, giants, eagles, Vikings? He was awful in those games!

Same deal thirteen years later.

Before the start of 2000 season, I made the suggestion that the cowboys should release Aikman an try an trade Darren Woodson and Larry Allen for second round draft picks. The word trolling wasn't popular then, they called me an Eagles fan instead. Cowboys would've been better off going with my plan.

Here is what the Cowboys should do to salvage this season... Start Kyle Orton. He's our only hope!
  13. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,301 Messages
    1,249 Likes Received
    I've always said - Romo dorsal it of things well but field vision is not one of his strong suits.

At this point it's not going to suddenly get better but what troubles me is the lack of accuracy.

I don't think the scheme has helped him one bit but I was at the Vikings game and saw quite a few guys open that Romo never looked to.
    ufcrules1 likes this.
  14. dstovall5

2,862 Messages
    1,847 Likes Received
    Please show me where I said Alex Smith was the "Chiefs franchise guy", I'll be waiting on the quote, though I know it wont be posted because I never said those words.
  15. Beast_from_East

15,502 Messages
    2,912 Likes Received
    A backup QB with a $100 million dollar contract (over half guaranteed money)?
  16. Beast_from_East

15,502 Messages
    2,912 Likes Received
    Kyle Orton.....................the guy that got beat out by Tim freaking Tebo?

That Kyle Orton?

He is our only hope if the plan is to lose all of our games and tank for draft position.
  17. TrailBlazer

TrailBlazer Well-Known Member

2,562 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    I'm just saying if tony is our backup, that means we drafted a qb and he proved to be the qb of the future for years to come.And beat tony out for the job. Tony would be the highest paid backup in the league no doubt.
  18. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,500 Messages
    6,053 Likes Received
    haha that's crazy you remember discussions with @TwoDeep3 from 10+ yrs ago.
    Gameover likes this.
  19. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,452 Messages
    658 Likes Received
    Romo's downturn began dramatically with the exit of Brian Waters. Look no further for the problem's catalyst.
  20. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,786 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    That single sandlot play by Romo---where he flip flopped Dez and Beasley and promptly threw a 45 yd gainer.........Tells me Romo feels the other team know the sets and tendencies so well, he hesitates to throw for example the slant to Dez shown on the All-22 film ---He hears the other team after looking at the set holler out the upcoming play (as was pointed out by the Vikes Radio announcers ).................He doesn't trust the players to execute (ala the RB taking the LB into a pik vrs Denver)...........

Then when he does throw a pik due to a RB taking his route into Beasleys route, or a player jumping a slant route..........He gets blasted and thrown under the bus by Garrett for a week..................and with Waters now out........add in the OLine probems up the middle again.............its the perfect storm.