1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bunting's v4.0 Mock (7 March 2012)

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by xwalker, Mar 7, 2012.

1. 31smackdown

31smackdown Well-Known Member

1,059 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    Brockers is reportedly falling from interviews and is seen as only a run down player.
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,313 Messages
    4,646 Likes Received
  3. Tobal

Tobal Well-Known Member

2,013 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    According to Mayock Poe is not just a workout warrior, he said if you put on the tape he was the Memphis Dline. He also said he's a top 10 guy
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,006 Messages
    7,753 Likes Received
    We're going to get a player at 14. Brockers isn't high on my list, but you can't be too bummed if he ends up dropping and our scouts like him. He was a consensus top-10 pick not too long ago.
  5. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,293 Messages
    1,244 Likes Received
    It's worth noting that Mayock had Poe in his Top 5 DT's as as far back as January.

A lot of people are acting like Poe just showed up out of nowhere yet he was considered a first rounder before the combine.
  6. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,599 Messages
    360 Likes Received
    yep I agree, I do not want Brockers.
    Cox is the only 3-4 DE I want at 14.
  7. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,676 Messages
    1,493 Likes Received
    Any links on this.
  8. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,501 Likes Received
    Mayock, Kiper, McShay, Bunting... all have Dallas doing different things and all have DeCastro falling past us.

I'd really dislike Barron at 14 but can live with any of the other picks. Brockers and Poe are both good football players that weigh well over 300 pounds. It is hilarious to me that people actually post about the 40 time of a 325 pound guy like it is a huge concern.
  9. Tex

Tex Active Member

558 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    It IS a huge concern if you need a pressure player off the edge. He finished at the BOTTOM of literally every test except height/weight.

You combine that with TWO friggin sacks last year and you would have to be pretty slow not to see thats a problem if you want a 3-4 end that can get a little pressure on the quarterback. I just no longer view him as anything but a 4-3 DT. He may be stout at that but thats NOT what we need.

He is to tall to be a prototypical NT even if he added another 25 lbs and to slow to be an end. the guy has zero history of being able to get to the quarterback. His entire rating was based on "potential" as no one knew what he was going to run. Well he ran like a friggin turtle. If all your drafting a guy on is potential I dont want a body builder guy that was just terrible at every friggin drill he ran and had TWO sacks last year. If I am drafting potential for a 3-4 I was a super fast guy that may need to add 10 to 15 lbs. You cant teach fast. You have it or you dont and Brockers doesnt.

Cowboy
  10. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    That matches what I mentioned earlier in this thread, though your comment has more bite. :D
  11. John813

John813 Active Member

551 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    Ugh, Spears 2.0
  12. Nightshade

Nightshade Active Member

1,811 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    the guy coming out so early, before prooving himself in college. he obviously wants a payday and is cruising on his measurables.

I'd say Spears is better. At least he was productive in college and was a leader on that team.

Brockers at 14? No thanks.
  13. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Brockers would be awful at 14.. would much rather have Poe or Cox.

Poe is more than a workout warrior.. and Brockers is neither a workout warrior nor a productive football player. We'd be silly to pass on DeCastro for him.

Side note.. this mock stinks.
  14. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,676 Messages
    1,493 Likes Received
    Aaron Wilson ‏ @RavensInsider Reply Retweet Favorite ยท Open
    LSU DL Michael Brockers is visiting the Carolina Panthers tonight, a dinner meeting with the coaches and tomorrow with personnel at facility

Maybe Carolina removes the temptation
  15. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    I personally think Brockers is the bust of the draft. Woe onto the team that drafts him.
    (based on me actually seeing him play and not coming away impressed. He didn't even shine at the combine, where he was supposed to blow everyone away with his mystical athletic ability. It didn't happen).