1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Burned Boy Struggling To Live

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Hoofbite, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Sure you guys remember the story of the kid who was doused in rubbing alcohol and set on fire by a couple of other kids. Looks like hes having a tough time now and may not make it.

I think the kids who did it should just be lumped in with the rapists from California and left to die out in the desert.

2. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I'd love to get those other kids in a room with a baseball bat for about ten minutes.
  3. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    all for a video game...
  4. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,320 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    Nah, just straight up public execution would work.
  5. VietCowboy

VietCowboy Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.

2,918 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    ...awful. Our kids aren't being taught to think before they act. They've become impulsive, want instant gratification, and have a sense of entitlement. I know teen boys often don't have much foresight, but even a young kid knows that alcohol and fire don't mix. Either these kids have conduct problems and may one day be anti-social and thusly don't care about right or wrong, or they are dumb as rocks. or both.

I'm glad most of them are being tried as adults.
  6. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,686 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    Makes me physically ill.
  7. Rackat

Rackat Active Member

2,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am praying for that poor kid, as well as for the others that did it to him. At 13-15 years old, they have ruined 18 lives directly by their idiocy, and so many more lives were affected indirectly. I hope that the kids are punished to the full extent the law allows.
  8. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,194 Messages
    2,033 Likes Received
    I was listening to a report on the radio the other day that said children of this generation are to full of self gratification that they don't recognize other people except when it has an immediate and direct affect on there own personal situation. Essentially, it said that they are so full of themselves that they have no conscience. They don't care about other people or social rules. They feel as if they are above or beyond rules and that they simply do not apply to them. According to the person speaking, they seemed to think that it steemed from the fact that we have raised these children in such a way as to constintly tell them that they are special and unique. That they are more important then anything. The Dr. went on to say that we have insulated children from life to the point that even when mistakes are made by children, we overlook them and the mistakes have little or no consequences. They are not forced to deal with real world problems and as such, they don't live in the real world. I thought it was interesting.
  9. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,431 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    Yea, good points Rack, and if that doesn't help, there's always a baseball bat.
  10. Rackat

Rackat Active Member

2,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    A little 'instant gratification'? LOL
  11. VietCowboy

VietCowboy Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.

2,918 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Yep, it's called a sandwich something or other. You have to put in the criticism between praises so you don't hurt their feelings too much....
  12. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,557 Likes Received
    That is just a terrible story. I can not imagine what those parents must be going thru right now.
  13. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Yet, in some instances people will say society hasn't changed, just that now there is more coverage. Horrible things have been going on since mans inception, for sure, but societies do shift and morals become ambiguous. Our society has definitely changed. Changing conditions change generations.
  14. Hoofbite

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Saw an update on this kid the other day and he's seems to be doing pretty well given the circumstances. There was a little slide show of him doing physical therapy with his voice over the top describing what happened.

Pretty crazy but good to see he made it and is working to get back to being a kid.
  15. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    what does he look like now? is he disfigured?
  16. Hoofbite

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Nah, most of the burns were on his arms and chest. I mean, I guess those parts are scarred up but his face isn't, which is what I assume you meant.
  17. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,307 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Thats an interesting take for sure and a lot of truth to that.

As for the bolded part, a good example of that is when a teacher has to talk to the parents of a child about his conduct at school and the parents refusing to believe it. "No, my child wouldn't do such a thing", etc.... Its as if they take offense that someone is pointing out that their child isn't perfect and he/she needs some discipline. God forbid.
  18. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,899 Messages
    629 Likes Received
    Time to bring back public canning...:mad:
  19. CliffnMesquite

CliffnMesquite Well-Known Member

4,310 Messages
    156 Likes Received
    I have often thought that some crimes commited by "children" show that monsters do exist and are in our midst. These creatures simply need to be led out side knelt down in the grass and shot in the back of the head.
  20. Hoofbite

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    My aunt did that with her son all the way until he was 18.

When he turned 18, she couldn't bail him out anymore and he's now serving time for something I don't even care to know.