1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

C Frederick makes PFF All-Rookie team

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Phoenix, Jan 8, 2014.

1. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Yup agree with all of your post. I found one thread about T Fred but I thought there were few more threads about him.

http://cowboyszone.com/threads/travis-frederick.255391/
    5Stars likes this.
  2. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,634 Messages
    5,792 Likes Received
    If I were Frederick, I would ask them to take my name off of their list. I would not want to be associated with their garbage rankings even if it benefited me.
  3. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,389 Messages
    1,785 Likes Received
    I'm not saying I want this, but it's kinda scary thinking about how our running game would be with one of those read-option QBs like Manziel. I think we could have the best run blocking O-line in the league and an average pass blocking O-line. Look at it: Fred was the best run blocking center in the league, Leary had the highest yards per carry in the league running behind him, Tyron is a better run blocker than pass blocker, so is Bern, and Free is okay.
  4. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,845 Messages
    1,833 Likes Received
    Not a surprise, I know many like to slam Dallas for their draft failures, but it seems they hit gold with this unpopular pick. It seems like we've found our 2 anchors for the next decade in Tyron Smith and Travis Frederick. Well deserved for the rook.
    CowboyMike likes this.
  5. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

3,246 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    Ok, i missed him. I agree, he had a better year, not understanding the other two selected over him, especially since Patterson is the returner.
  6. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

7,054 Messages
    1,112 Likes Received
    Its their list but I don't understand their argument for Patterson over Terrance and Hopkins. Patterson wasn't a very good receiver last year....he did damage in the kick return game but they have him listed under "receiver".
  7. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,338 Messages
    1,361 Likes Received
    I hated the pick on draft day. I was busy bling shopping. but when I researched the dude, he was exactly what the doctor ordered. smart, physical, and a centerpiece to build around. he's become one of my fav players.
  8. Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635 Well-Known Member

843 Messages
    403 Likes Received
    Love me some FredBeard! I liked the pick when we made it, but was pleasantly surprised he played so well so quickly.
    The play he made on Randle's rushing TD where he pushed the whole pile into the endzone was pure beast. The kid's got some power, he'll be a Pro-Bowler sooner than later.
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,598 Messages
    5,509 Likes Received
    The chat room was livid with the pick also. For weeks and weeks after that remember all those threads just killing the FO, Jerry, JG basically anyone and everyone for trading down and picking Fredbeard.
  10. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

2,353 Messages
    909 Likes Received
    some refuse to listen to this point
  11. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,108 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    For what it is worth TWill was a better receiver than Patterson in 2013 and deserves to be on the all-rookie team ahead of Patterson. Having said that, anybody who watched Patterson play realizes the guy's ceiling is unbelievably high:
    • 469 yards receiving, 4 TDs
    • 159 yards rushing (13.2 yards per carry)
    • 32.4 yards per kick return with 2 Kickoff Return TDs
  12. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    Some folks thinking he would be there in the 3rd round were the best.
  13. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,392 Messages
    5,917 Likes Received
    it still makes me sick till this day. half of us in the draft zone had him pegged in our mocks.
  14. rocyaice

7,054 Messages
    1,112 Likes Received
    I don't deny Patterson's skill. ESPN Highlights every weekend. Whether its lining up as a running back, receiver or kick return. But as a receiver? Last season? I don't see the production as a receiver strictly.
    perrykemp likes this.
  15. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,514 Messages
    9,680 Likes Received
    It's okay. He wasn't on our board.
  16. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,514 Messages
    9,680 Likes Received
    Remember when Justin Pugh wouldn't be able to play in the league because of his short arms?

Good stuff.
  17. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,126 Messages
    900 Likes Received
    So what? He is a wide receiver and the overall value he provides is real. Why should we be discounting the other stuff he does when making these picks? I can sort of see an argument for ignoring the return portion (although I don't agree), but certainly not for discounting the rushing portion. We don't ignore receiving by RBs, do we?
  18. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,108 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    Agreed
  19. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,392 Messages
    5,917 Likes Received
    Yeah that makes me more sick.

Also congrats, you had twill vs allen pegged.
  20. rocyaice

7,054 Messages
    1,112 Likes Received
    I wasn't ignoring his rushing portion lol. He only had 150 yards or around there. It still doesn't warrant him to be up there as a receiver. Its their list. I'm not arguing against it. I just thought it was odd and was just stating my stance as a receiver Terrance had a better year.