1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,814 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    Anyone pick it up yet? If so how do you like It? Is it better than Halo 4?
  2. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,978 Messages
    1,727 Likes Received
    You can't compare it to Halo.

Different games in just about every way but perspective of the character.

It's better than MW3.

It's more difficult as the killstreaks are guaranteed kills. They strike fast.

Every map, regardless of how big has been close quarters so far. Lots of small corridors and sharp corners.

I like it.
  3. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I like it, but I'm taking it back. It's all white guys.
  4. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  5. Cowboy Brian

11,814 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    Mw3 was bad. It left a bad taste in my mouth but I am willing to give it another shot. It sucks Assassins Creed, Halo, CoD had to come out all in a row. I picked up AC and looking at either cod or halo.
  6. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

2,884 Messages
    312 Likes Received
    Waiting for Battlefield 4. I quit the COD series after Black Ops. Multi-player in Battlefield is the best, bar none.
  7. chip_gilkey

chip_gilkey Active Member

2,553 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Agree 100%
  8. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Save your money. BO2 is just as bad as MW3, which was worse than BO 1, which was worse than MW2. Since MW2, its been downhill. This time the multiplayer rewards camping even more with killstreaks like the toy car and the hunter drone which are sure thing kills and completely ridiculous.

Its also, like hoof said, completely straight ahead gameplay. There's no trying to play tactically, because every map runs you right into the other team with really no two or three ways to get to a certain point on the map.

Halo 4 isn't bad.. but its not any better than Halo 3 or Reach. If you are choosing i'd say go Halo 4.. but i may take both back because neither are better games than their predecessors.
  9. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

921 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    BO2 reminds me of a fast MW3. It's too chaotic but I understand because BO1 was so dull and slow imo.

The only good thing about this game than previous COD games is that one player can't dominate for a team to win. Everyone has to work together whether it is putting up UAV, destroying objects, etc.

I am still working on it with the shotgun but I will know if I like the game or not once I unlock all the perks and find a class I can dominate in. As of now, it's ok with a party.
  10. Mike_45

Mike_45 Active Member

1,092 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I got it. Not super impressed. I have not played the single player much yet though.
  11. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,365 Messages
    396 Likes Received
    I don't know I'm kind of half and half on the game. I am level 38 on multiplayer, but all I play is Nuketown 24/7 or whatever they call it. Literally all I play because THAT is very fun. As for the other maps, some are good, some are bad and some are god awful. I would just rather play on Nuketown as that is always fun.

Played only a little bit of Single player and was impressed. The first mission was very fun and had awesome cut scenes.

Zombies really disappointed me. It's basically Black Ops 1 Zombies with new maps, oh and a moving bus in one of the maps. Same gun you start out with, same first weapons such as the Olympia and M4. Nothing really changed here.

I really do find playing Nuketown only in Multiplayer to be very fun, especially if you are good at it as it is easy to level up. It's a fun game, just some aspects are annoying.
  12. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,558 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Ehhhh spawns are insanely bad. Lag comp is too. Campaign is amazing, currently I only play Nuketown 24/7 with friends.
  13. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,978 Messages
    1,727 Likes Received
    I think the server setup is much better than MW3.

One thing I think they have also greatly improved is the sniping in terms of hit detection.

In MW3 and Black Ops, you'd get sniped and on the kill cam the guy isn't even close.

Perhaps it's just perception or some sort of work on their end but when I get sniped at least I don't feel like I've been cheated. The guy's at least hitting me.

One thing that's almost unbearable is you can't even use the high end killstreaks.

Not in ground war. You can't even take 10 steps without getting into a gun fight. If you stop for more than 5 seconds, you're knifed in the back.

They shouldn't even bother telling you if some of the killstreaks are coming in, they hit you just as you hear the warning. It should just say "bend over" when the lightning strike is coming in.

The game is far too much of a clustercrap to actually get anything going. You might as well be fighting in a corn maze on every map. Doesn't matter how big the maze is because there's nothing but small cramped spots. In fact, the bigger the maps are the more cramped they are.

I think the actual feel of the game is improved from MW3 and the guns seem to actually have some sense of consistency to them. In MW3 it was basically just a crap shoot if your gun was going to kill someone before you ran out of bullets.

I'm thinking back to MW2 and even the small maps had long lines of sight. The map with the garage on one side with the fenced in area and on the other side there was a playground, that map was smaller than most of the maps on this game but there wasn't dumpsters that people were jumping out of or broom closets with entire teams sitting in them.

I used to play ground war because death match turned into a big standoff with the team who moved the least ending up the victor. I might actually have to go to death match because ground war is so cluttered and cramped that you barely have time to reload or call in a killstreak without getting knifed.

And what the hell is with the electricity nades? Someone throws that at you and all of a sudden you can't even move or see straight? Gimme a break.

I like the gameplay but I don't like how you're basically on a timer from the moment you spawn until the moment someone gets the drop on your from the air ducts or some automaton killstreak comes from nowhere. They basically made it nearly impossible to get a monster killstreak because there are so many lower streaks that guarantee kills. That hunter killer drone can get erased for all I care. I'm gonna start spamming the hell out of it just to a jerk and piss people off the way it pisses me off when it comes sailing in from nowhere.

I have like 10 tokens to unlock stuff but theres no point in unlocking anything because I either won't ever use it or I won't be able to get to it because it's impossible to kill enough guys without someone else's killstreak finding you.

Definitely a much tougher game to work with. Too cramped and much garbage in the way.

I can appreciate trying to make a game fast paced but whats the point if there is absolutely no pace to a game. It's like driving a car through the alps and you don't have any brakes or ability slow the car down from 100 MPH.

They should just have a game where people spawn in a gymnasium and shoot each other. Die, spawn, kill, die, spawn. It'd be just about the same.
  14. the kid 05

the kid 05 Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds

9,537 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    i see you got the "i dont like true multiplayer" copy. 360 ftw. :p: ;)
  15. dez_for_prez

dez_for_prez Active Member

1,044 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I play demolition. You get 200 pts for planting the bomb and 400pts if it explodes. Throw in a 4 killsteak and I'm able to get driving robot. One or two kills comes off the hunter drone though too:laugh2: . They are a piss off though.

I agree with the whole spawn die thing. It has casued be to rage quit a few times:laugh1:

My PSN is Andy_Tutts for anyone that is interested.
  16. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    What he said. Did you preorder Medal of Honor for BF4 beta?
  17. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,400 Messages
    1,388 Likes Received
    When does BF4 come out? That is a good game, 3 was pretty good.
  18. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I think around fall next year. It will be epic. I bought MOH just for access to BF4 beta.
  19. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,281 Messages
    208 Likes Received
    Are they making a Bad Company 3? I loved BFBC2
  20. Cowboy Brian

11,814 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    I ordered CoD. Newegg has a deal either Halo 4 or CoD black ops 2 & 12 months xbox live for $89. My live was set to expire in about a week so I jumped on this promotion - the game cost me $30 considering live is usually $60.