1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Calvin Pryor

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Playmaker247, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Playmaker247

Playmaker247 Member

79 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    From what I've seen this kid is better than Ha-Ha. Has great ball hawking skills but can also come up a lay the wood. Him and Barry Church could make a great tandem. What do you guys think?
    50cent likes this.
  2. Neverhood

Neverhood Active Member

228 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Yesssss please. I just saw NFL.com's first mock and it had us taking him. I would be thrilled.
  3. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    highly doubt he will be there in the 2nd round.
  4. dantheman41

dantheman41 Active Member

729 Messages
    138 Likes Received
    Like him a ton! As long as we upgrade the defensive line. That is the foremost concern for this team. Earl Thomas and Eric Berry would look awful with Crawford, Bass, Wynn and Selvie rushing the passer.
  5. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,501 Likes Received
    Want to study him more for sure. Rates in the 35-40 range on most updated boards.

Could he be our 2014 Frederick?
  6. Playmaker247

Playmaker247 Member

79 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Waiting for someone to post his highlights because I could not find any on YouTube
  7. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

4,266 Messages
    1,339 Likes Received
  8. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

4,266 Messages
    1,339 Likes Received
  9. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    no luck either

how bout some from HS lol
  10. bodi

bodi Active Member

725 Messages
    109 Likes Received
  11. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,983 Messages
    2,003 Likes Received
    I like him.
  12. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

2,354 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    No front 7 makes a good defense not db's
    casmith07 likes this.
  13. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    works both ways, bud.
    CowboysYanksLakers likes this.
  14. XxTDxX

XxTDxX Active Member

750 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    I would slow down with him being better than HaHa.. I think he pops on tape more because of the big hits and tackling ability but I think HaHa has much more range which is honestly what we need.. If you watch Pryor on tape he is almost never forced to play man coverage on TE's and rarely is in single high.. He is similar to Barry Church in the way he is used..I wouldn't mind picking Pryor but at this point I still would rather have HaHa.

HaHa makes plays that you won't see on highlights.. He keeps QB's from throwing downfield because of his speed and presence.. Pryor will always look better on a highlight real..

Going into this draft I wanted DE/DT but in looking at the prospects I am really hoping we come away with either HaHa or Pryor because I think they are better players than any of the D-Lineman in the first..

1st: Haha/Pryor
    2nd: Sutton/Donald
    4lifecowboy likes this.
  15. 4lifecowboy

4lifecowboy Active Member

835 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    I believe we are going to be able to draft "rushmen" in the later rounds that will be able to contribute. If we end up with HaHa or Pryor(especially after a trade down similar to last year in Pryor's case) and Donald I would be overjoyed! Add a mid level starter via free agent on the line and the defense is significantly upgraded.
  16. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    Not really. If you find me one person that thinks adding a couple safeties would have us better than we were this year with that atrocity of a defensive line, punch them in the face for me.
    tm1119 likes this.
  17. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    The bones in my hands would turn into dust.

The team definately wouldnt have gone 16-0 but a couple of good safeties wouldve changed things somewhat. Yes, better safeties woulve made the Cowboys better. I dont want to really just single out one particular guy or game BUT take the Detroit game for example. Would have having a damn good saftey out there other than Heath have changed things. Absolutely.
    mcompact likes this.
  18. casmith07

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    It's really not hard to improve over Jeff Heath. We have two guys on the roster that are better and for different reasons didn't play (Wilcox - I don't get it. Matt Johnson - glass legs).

I don't agree on the DET game. I think if we could have sacked Matt Stafford more than once we could have really changed the outcome of that game. We were among the bottom of the league in sacks. Only 30. That's pathetic.
  19. casmith07

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    For the record I like Calvin Pryor, just not enough to spend a premium pick. If we were looking at starting Ware, Hatcher, Spencer, Selvie, Ratliff, and Crawford along the line like last year, and assuming no devastating injuries, then I would be absolutely fine taking Clinton-Dix or Pryor. But not this year. If he's there, trade the pick for more picks. We need as many chances as we can get to hit on some defensive linemen and linebackers.
  20. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

853 Messages
    353 Likes Received
    a great front 7 can make spare safeties look like pro bowlers.
    You build your defense from the front to the back.