1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Can Cortez get a little love today?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Doomsday101, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,294 Messages
    1,765 Likes Received
    This guy has been getting hammered around here but thus far this season he has made 3 tackles to save TD and went 4-4 yesterday. Gotta give the little man a little love today. LOL
  2. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,490 Messages
    759 Likes Received
    Maybe that slap to the chin by LA inspired him?
  3. Doomsday101

75,294 Messages
    1,765 Likes Received
    I think that just taught him not to say negative things to O-lineman who have nasty dispositions. LOL it just appears to me Cortez is getting knocked over his play in San Fran which has nothing to do with how he is playing now in Dallas. Just like anyone in sports guys can turn things around if they are willing to work hard
  4. CliffnMesquite

CliffnMesquite Active Member

4,092 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    I like him. He's got grit.
  5. Hiero

Hiero New Member

3,075 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    lol ya i really think it did. at least i hope so. Cortez has been so much better than he was on hte 49ers its been a big surprise to me. I still dont fully trust him, but he had a great game, so hes getting there.
  6. Cowboy from New York

Cowboy from New York Active Member

1,651 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    The earlier field goals should have been automatics anyway but when he hit the 45 yarder he built up a little bit of cred with me.

Keep him for another week :laugh2:
  7. Doomsday101

75,294 Messages
    1,765 Likes Received
    That is the life of a kicker, you have a job until next week. LOL
  8. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,010 Messages
    402 Likes Received
    He's been doing his job. Give the love to the new LS.
  9. TonyS

TonyS Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    Okay... he gets some love this week.

:toast: :clap: :thumbup:
  10. Charles

Charles Benched

3,409 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :hammer:

He's earned another week on the roster :laugh2:
  11. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,015 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Absolutely!!

The guy has gotten slammed around here, me included, but you can tell why DeHaven liked him. He's got a great leg. It's hard to find any kicker that can reach the endzone on kickoffs these days and he did it a couple of times yesterday.

He may very well be one of those guys that just needed time and another shot with a team. If he can be consistent with his technique he could be a very good kicker.

One of the first things Parcells liked about Vinateiri was his toughness on kick coverage and Cortez definitely brings that to the table. I can't believe I just used Vinateiri and Cortez in the same sentence.
  12. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,010 Messages
    402 Likes Received
    That's it. You're Fired.[IMG]
  13. NYCowboy22

NYCowboy22 Member

632 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The guy was our best player on kick coverage for 2 games. He looked pretty good yesterday, I'm willing to give him a chance here and not judge him on his play in SF. Hey, we aren't judging Bledsoe by his play in Buffalo, why should Cortez be any different?
  14. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

2,488 Messages
    95 Likes Received
    Jose has been solid all year. He missed 1 FG that was pretty long and missed it by about an inch. And he missed the PAT on a bad snap. Other then that he's been perfect.
  15. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,987 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I smile in spite of myself when Cortez trots onto the field.

The 'fear' hasn't quite been displaced yet, but the sense of doom is definitely lessening.

Plus the 'ex-roofer' is a likable character, for sure.
  16. Texas33

Texas33 New Member

165 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    we are lucky to have him.... he is playing great....
  17. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,690 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    I'll give it up to him for now, but I'm still not comfortable with him kicking with the game on the line. That being said, I hope I eat crow and he continues to play well.
  18. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,935 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    Cortez really hasn't done anything different than what he's done previously.

He came into the season 8-for-9 in his career on turf, and he's 6-for-7 on turf this year.

He's 2-for-2 on grass this year, but those were from 29 yards and 30 yards. He came into the season 16-for-17 on grass from inside 30 yards when his kick wasn't blocked.

So, he has made his field-goal attempts on turf and his short attempts on grass, just as he always has.
  19. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,159 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    I admit to hammering Cortez and I want to publicly give him props for a great game yesterday.........put a few like that together then I will accept you full time........I am still evaluating this situation!
  20. Da Hammer

Da Hammer The Natural

10,604 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I gotta admit I get scared everytime Cortez attempts a FG, heck even a XP. But he's done well and hope he keeps it up