1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Can Red convince Jerrah we need meat n' potatoes this draft?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by newlander, Feb 10, 2011.

1. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    Oline, Dline, Secondary: NOT skilled positions. We have enough skill to win with right now. I'm 100% convinced of it. Our 1st-6th picks should be spent on the 3 areas I mentioned above. Red knows it, we know it, and by GOSH JJ better put down the Martinis and know it too!:bang2:
  2. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

4,015 Messages
    296 Likes Received
    Defense is our biggest issue. I would go d-line, than o-line, than secondary. The right side of the OL can be taken care of with our 2nd pick in the draft and a viable FA. If we have to resign Kosier for 2 more years and get a solid backup for another year so be it. But that right side has to get done now. Free resigned.

DL we should go after Seymour and draft a guy like Dareus. If we can get Peterson with the pick, which we can't unless we move up, which we won't, than I would go after Seymour and a NT like Taylor in the 2nd or FA.

If we get Dareus we get a corner in FA even if it's Joseph from Cincy and we re-work Newmans contract.

I would like Champ Bailey and Seymour for leadership and talent. Bailey deserves a ring and would stop at nothing to make it happen with talent around him.
  3. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

just address the interior LINES, the secondary, THEN the skill positions. Here's hoping and praying.......:cool:
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Winter is Here Staff Member

61,731 Messages
    5,113 Likes Received
    Who is to say Red wants to convince Jerry of a meat and potatoes draft?
  5. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,550 Messages
    795 Likes Received
    I really hope so.If JG wants to run his style of Offense then he needs a real good O-line and some capable backups..
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

42,024 Messages
    1,832 Likes Received
    FS is the top priority, hence the fascination with so many at using Peterson at FS. That is very risky- we have no idea if he has the instincts to get it done at FS. Frankly from what I have seen I do not think he is all that at CB.

The best FS in the draft is considered right now to be Moore, who is at best a high first low second.

DE and OT and OG and C. That is what we NEED.