1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

Can Red convince Jerrah we need meat n' potatoes this draft?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by newlander, Feb 10, 2011.

1. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    Oline, Dline, Secondary: NOT skilled positions. We have enough skill to win with right now. I'm 100% convinced of it. Our 1st-6th picks should be spent on the 3 areas I mentioned above. Red knows it, we know it, and by GOSH JJ better put down the Martinis and know it too!:bang2:
  2. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

4,032 Messages
    299 Likes Received
    Defense is our biggest issue. I would go d-line, than o-line, than secondary. The right side of the OL can be taken care of with our 2nd pick in the draft and a viable FA. If we have to resign Kosier for 2 more years and get a solid backup for another year so be it. But that right side has to get done now. Free resigned.

DL we should go after Seymour and draft a guy like Dareus. If we can get Peterson with the pick, which we can't unless we move up, which we won't, than I would go after Seymour and a NT like Taylor in the 2nd or FA.

If we get Dareus we get a corner in FA even if it's Joseph from Cincy and we re-work Newmans contract.

I would like Champ Bailey and Seymour for leadership and talent. Bailey deserves a ring and would stop at nothing to make it happen with talent around him.
  3. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

just address the interior LINES, the secondary, THEN the skill positions. Here's hoping and praying.......:cool:
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

63,613 Messages
    7,321 Likes Received
    Who is to say Red wants to convince Jerry of a meat and potatoes draft?
  5. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

7,733 Messages
    1,329 Likes Received
    I really hope so.If JG wants to run his style of Offense then he needs a real good O-line and some capable backups..
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

43,039 Messages
    2,562 Likes Received
    FS is the top priority, hence the fascination with so many at using Peterson at FS. That is very risky- we have no idea if he has the instincts to get it done at FS. Frankly from what I have seen I do not think he is all that at CB.

The best FS in the draft is considered right now to be Moore, who is at best a high first low second.

DE and OT and OG and C. That is what we NEED.