1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Can you believe Austin hurt his hamstring again?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Howboutdemcowboys31, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Cebrin

Cebrin Well-Known Member

510 Messages
    270 Likes Received
    who knows, maybe he comes cheap to stay where he started.
  2. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    What is Miles longest catch this year? He's had single coverage all year.
  3. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,030 Messages
    255 Likes Received
    Harris will excel and all it takes is more opportunities...
  4. gdogg24

gdogg24 Member

243 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    This is why we drafted Williams, a receiver core of Bryant, Williams, Harris, and Beasley still isn't too bad, not to mention we still have Witten and Escobar, we'll be fine if he needs to sit out
  5. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,605 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Don't know why it is assumed TWill will get all the time, most likely it will be Escobar and Hanna filling the void cause TWill isn't ready to step in yet (although I know the TEs probably aren't either).

Guess there was a reason why we went so offensive in the draft, with no DL taken. Turns out, we needed all the guys that were picked....and yes including Escobar.
  6. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

8,339 Messages
    840 Likes Received
    Yes, the whole point of getting all these guys is to keep your offensive options open even if players get dinged up. I'm not sure Williams isn't ready, I think if he gets more reps this week in practice, you'll see a more polished player. I mean he is a rookie receiver, that speaks for itself. He isn't going to carry the team, but he should be an option out there.
  7. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,605 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Well thats the point, both Escobar and TWill give us 2 options instead of one, hopefully one of them will work out and be able to help us if Miles is down for a while. Finding talented skill position players isn't as easy as some like to make it out to be, or else there wouldn't be countless teams struggling with finding guys to fill those roles.

We just needed more options, and those 2 guys give us that. Some will say we have Harris, Beasley, and such but those guys come a dime a dozen....Escobar and TWill could start for this team for the next decade unlike those other scrubs.
  8. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

8,339 Messages
    840 Likes Received
    I wouldn't go as far as to say they are a dime a dozen. You have players like this with good work ethic, good route runners, with the ability to get open, and catch the ball consistently? Those are just football players. You keep them in your organization for a long time and they pay dividends. Just like at Edelmen in New England.
  9. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,641 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    Hopefully the Cowboys can use all their offensive weapons to become a dominate offense this year.
  10. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    The "abswer" is we don't throw passes 20 yards down the field in this offense for some reason.
    Miles played all 16 games last year.. he's played all 3 so far this year.
  11. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

3,719 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    As much as it bugs me. Gary Clark played a long time with chronic hamstring issues.
  12. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,568 Messages
    259 Likes Received
    I don't think Austin has ever been as productive as he was his breakout season that started with the Chiefs. Since than it seems like either injuries or lots of drops.
  13. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    I think, aside from the year he missed half the games, he's been a pretty damn productive receiver for how many options we have in our passing game.
  14. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,711 Messages
    3,214 Likes Received
    First, yes I can believe Austin and his hammy issue again. I'd like to hear the extent of the injury. That being said, the FO needs to find a way to get him off the roster in '14. This is getting old each year.
    pjtoadie likes this.
  15. shank

shank Member

48 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    I am big Dwayne Harris fan and I think Miles is nearing his end in Dallas - this is great opportunity for Dwayne to get that spot for long time.
  16. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

35,887 Messages
    3,038 Likes Received
    It is overreaction but it's also understandable given his history. I played with a guy who was muscle bound and he was always pulling something. Very good football player but couldn't stay healthy. I hope he's ok as I think this offense is much better with him on he field.
    AmishCowboy likes this.
  17. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

3,719 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    Dwayne is a slot guy only. To replace miles it would take 2, most likely TWill and Harris.
  18. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,481 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    Nothing new with Miles Hamstring
  19. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,492 Messages
    1,506 Likes Received
    I feel bad for Miles. He's the hardest working guy on the team, and he goes to the Nth degree to try and prevent hamstring injuries.

Unfortunately, hamstrings are like used rubber bands. Once you pull them too many times, they're never going to be the same.
  20. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,492 Messages
    1,506 Likes Received
    They already did. Austin is free after this year, and they drafted Terrance Williams to take his place.