1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Candace Gingrich writes an open letter to her 'big bro' Newt

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by MilesAustinforMVP, Nov 22, 2008.

1. MilesAustinforMVP

MilesAustinforMVP Benched

782 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dear Newt,

I recently had the displeasure of watching you bash the protestors of the Prop 8 marriage ban to Bill O'Reilly on FOX News. I must say, after years of watching you build your career by stirring up the fears and prejudices of the far right, I feel compelled to use the words of your idol, Ronald Reagan, "There you go, again."
    However, I realize that you may have been a little preoccupied lately with planning your resurrection as the savior of your party, so I thought I would fill you in on a few important developments you might have overlooked.

The truth is that you're living in a world that no longer exists. I, along with millions of Americans, clearly see the world the way it as -- and we embrace what it can be. You, on the other hand, seem incapable of looking for new ideas or moving beyond what worked in the past.

Welcome to the 21st century, big bro. I can understand why you're so afraid of the energy that has been unleashed after gay and lesbian couples had their rights stripped away from them by a hateful campaign. I can see why you're sounding the alarm against the activists who use all the latest tech tools to build these rallies from the ground up in cities across the country.

This unstoppable progress has at its core a group we at HRC call Generation Equality. They are the most supportive of full LGBT equality than any American generation ever -- and when it comes to the politics of division, well, they don't roll that way. 18-24 year olds voted overwhelmingly against Prop 8 and overwhelmingly for Barack Obama. And the numbers of young progressive voters will only continue to grow. According to the Center for Information and Research on Civic Learning, about 23 million 18-29 year olds voted on Nov. 4, 2008 -- the most young voters ever to cast a ballot in a presidential election. That's an increase of 3 million more voters compared to 2004.

These are the same people who helped elect Barack Obama and sent a decisive message to your party. These young people are the future and their energy will continue to drive our country forward. Even older Americans are turning their backs on the politics of fear and demagoguery that you and your cronies have perfected over the years.

This is a movement of the people that you most fear. It's a movement of progress -- and your words on FOX News only show how truly desperate you are to maintain control of a world that is changing before your very eyes.

Then again, we've seen these tactics before. We know how much the right likes to play political and cultural hardball, and then turn around and accuse us of lashing out first. You give a pass to a religious group -- one that looks down upon minorities and women -- when they use their money and membership roles to roll back the rights of others, and then you label us "fascists" when we fight back. You belittle the relationships of gay and lesbian couples, and yet somehow neglect to explain who anointed you the protector of "traditional" marriage. And, of course, you've also mastered taking the foolish actions of a few people and then indicting an entire population based on those mistakes. I fail to see how any of these patterns coincide with the values of "historic Christianity" you claim to champion.

Again, nothing new here. This is just more of the blatant hypocrisy we're used to hearing.

What really worries me is that you are always willing to use LGBT Americans as political weapons to further your ambitions. That's really so '90s, Newt. In this day and age, it's embarrassing to watch you talk like that. You should be more afraid of the new political climate in America, because, there is no place for you in it.

In other words, stop being a hater, big bro.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/candace-gingrich/a-letter-to-my-brother-ne_b_145739.html
  2. MilesAustinforMVP

782 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    She was too nice to say it but Newt is a serial aldulterer, which is just another example of the hypocrisy of the right.
  3. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

5,972 Messages
    208 Likes Received
    You mean like, let's take it easy on murderers...but let's kill the unborn?
  4. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,130 Messages
    2,326 Likes Received
    Irony. :laugh2:
  5. MilesAustinforMVP

782 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I personally don't believe in abortion after the first trimester unless the health of the mother is at risk, because within the first trimester the FETUS has no feelings and is not sentient. It's the equivalent to someone who is brain dead, so you are not really hurting anybody by aborting it.

But you pointed out your own hypocrisy. The left doesn't label ourselves as pro-life as you people do. How is it pro-life to kill someone through the death sentence?

Although we have gone off topic, as I'm sure that was your intention.
  6. ScipioCowboy

15,130 Messages
    2,326 Likes Received
  7. MilesAustinforMVP

782 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No because the leaders of the LGBT community are rational peaceful people. Unlike the rights leader's like Newt, Larry Craig, Duke Cunningham, and Ted Haggard who are hypocrites.
  8. ScipioCowboy

15,130 Messages
    2,326 Likes Received
    Speaking of hypocrisy, is this yet another inconsistency between your words and your actions?;)
  9. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  10. ScipioCowboy

15,130 Messages
    2,326 Likes Received
    Darn it!

This is the picture I wanted to use, but I couldn't find one small enough.:)
  11. MilesAustinforMVP

782 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    she has her brother's good looks.
  12. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ah yes, hypocrisy. Like promising to finance your campaign with public funds ... until you started raking in the cash. Or enrolling your daughters in an exclusive private school, despite Weezie's very strong beliefs in the value of public education. Just not for her kids, apprently. Yep, I loves me some hypocrisy.
  13. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
  14. MilesAustinforMVP

782 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just because he believes in the value of public education, it doesn't mean that public education in America isn't crap. If America had public education like in France I'm sure Obama would send his kids there. But that is why we elected Obama: to fix America's schools.
  15. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    She's teaching Miles how to be a man. Good for her.
  16. ScipioCowboy

15,130 Messages
    2,326 Likes Received

This thread has epic potential!:laugh2:
  17. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I elected him because I wanted a Muslim as President. :eek:
  18. MilesAustinforMVP

782 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well I was speaking about the majority of the people in this country. Personally I wanted a communist dictatorial regime that's why I voted for him.
  19. ScipioCowboy

15,130 Messages
    2,326 Likes Received
    That's funny. I elected him because I wanted a President who detests everything for which I stand and derides my beliefs with impunity.;)
  20. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :laugh2: